FZ8 News

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
aint that the truth!! i dont even live in a dusty enviroment yet a 30 min ride looks like ive been through a desert.. im looking forward to seeing the end product.. after all the pomp and ceremony over the latest R1 and then brave move of an underpowered FZ6R ..yamaha are deffinatley in the spotlight..i think they are obligated to provide something special ..With regards to the FZ6R ..it does make a lot more sence now that we know about the FZ8 ,if they get it right, it could be a extremely successful addition

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
aint that the truth!! i dont even live in a dusty enviroment yet a 30 min ride looks like ive been through a desert.. im looking forward to seeing the end product.. after all the pomp and ceremony over the latest R1 and then brave move of an underpowered FZ6R ..yamaha are deffinatley in the spotlight..i think they are obligated to provide something special ..With regards to the FZ6R ..it does make a lot more sence now that we know about the FZ8 ,if they get it right, it could be a extremely successful addition

The -6 would be a beter bike with more bottom end, and the same sort of top end rush.... if the VFR has moved up to 1200cc..... there's a serious need for a 'mid range' sporty bike. Honda probably can't 'spin' a 'baby' VFR -- the door is wide open....

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I just told my wife "I thinks it's almost time to trade in the FZ for a new bike".
She asked me why I don't like this one any more? Told her, it's not that I don't like it, but a case of getting something newer and better.

Can't wait for more news on the Fazer 8.

:rockon:

She will be OK with that line of thinking as long as it doesn't start to apply to her as well. :D

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I just told my wife "I thinks it's almost time to trade in the FZ for a new bike".
She asked me why I don't like this one any more? Told her, it's not that I don't like it, but a case of getting something newer and better.

:rockon:

Better watch it Stumbles. My wife would have turned that around into trading HER in for a newer and better model. Better stick with a little white lie like, "The FZ8 is safer and more passenger friendly."

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about everyone on here, but I'm really liking what I see with the faired version so far. Could be a possibility when it finally does come out.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt, the FZ8 will turn 11 second 1/4 miles. It needs to be unveiled in the US yesterday. I HAVE to see it, touch, hear it. But, I'm not going to be one of the first ones to run out and buy it---N NO WAY. Dealerships are going to insist on top dollar deals if and when it's released here.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
No doubt, the FZ8 will turn 11 second 1/4 miles. It needs to be unveiled in the US yesterday. I HAVE to see it, touch, hear it. But, I'm not going to be one of the first ones to run out and buy it---N NO WAY. Dealerships are going to insist on top dollar deals if and when it's released here.

I'm with you here. It'll be going for over MSRP, if I got it, I'd have to wait until it came down to MSRP minus 500 or so.

Even then I don't know if I'll ever get one. I love the idea of extra hp in the FZ6 but I feel like, down the line, if I get another bike it'd be a Ducati, Yamaha or Suzuki liter bike.

The FZ6 is an all-in-one type of bike, if I have an aggressive type of sportbike, I'd want something with the power and size of an FZ1 to tour and take a passenger. So then I wouldn't need an all-in-one any more, I could get two specific role bikes. Or is the power difference between an 800 and a 1000 negligible? Because I still prefer the FZ6/8's pretty face to the FZ1's. :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Because I still prefer the FZ6/8's pretty face to the FZ1's. :)

Awwwwwww..... This isn't the face only a mother could love, is it???

FB004.jpg

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Awwwwwww..... This isn't the face only a mother could love, is it???

Oh she's a looker for sure. I'm not saying I couldn't mount it for a day, a long weekend even, but I don't know if I could mount it day after day for the rest of my life, is all...

... too much? ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh she's a looker for sure. I'm not saying I couldn't mount it for a day, a long weekend even, but I don't know if I could mount it day after day for the rest of my life, is all...

... too much? ;)

You'd be surprised! You mount her once, feel her growl and after that first twist when she tries to launch out from under you, you KNOW you're in for either a lot of trouble or one helluva ride. You soon get the feeling she's a devoted nympho to you and she ONLY wants to GO GO GO! :rockon:

But, I have to admit, the smaller "face" on the FZ1 is a bit deceiving... next to the FZ6, it looks genuinely like a smaller bike. The first time Reiobard had his bike parked next to the FZ1, I was perplexed at the difference in appearance.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you mean after the mods to make it pretty? ( mirrors gone, sporty windshield) not to mention that the fazer1000 is more balanced in its design than the fazer600

I was wondering who'd burst my bubble... :thumbup: Why of course! Copperdawg that beast! :rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that article said something about it being updated in north america?? i asume they have it wrong knowing that it'll prolly be a few years till we see it over here...