FZ6R on sale in Australia.

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
What about the exhaust? What were they thinking?
One of the things that puts me off the FZ8 is the exhaust, I like the undertail exhaust!!!!

If you are LAMS get an FZ6 and wing it!!!
my advice.
Rumps

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
When are we likely to see a new fz1 though? at least not till the end of next year?Prob same time as they release the new speed triple1 K1300r is on my wish list too. definitely will be checking out the z1000 and the cb1000r. one month till license back. hooray

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When are we likely to see a new fz1 though? at least not till the end of next year?Prob same time as they release the new speed triple1 K1300r is on my wish list too. definitely will be checking out the z1000 and the cb1000r. one month till license back. hooray

Yes, there are lots of choices out there, not real keen on the look of the new Z1000, and the Honda is expensive for what it is...The BMW, well that's just beautifully ugly, and awesome in every way!

Love your avatar by the way!

:thumbup:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats my ride at the moment. 330km a week going to work and back! I'm really looking forward to getting on two wheels of another kind. Note to Bikebiz I'll be up your way to take all your demos out in June! Its going to be a busy month. Speed Triple, street triple r,, z1000, fz1 are in my price range.shame is whatever I get i'll have to ride slow and careful for 3 years till i get my points back:( (or not get caught)

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just give me a heads up and will get them all sorted for you. You'll love the Speed SE in the flesh (we've got 2 in the showroom), they're sensational. The STR is still my #1 favourite bike though, reckon you'll love it more. Oh and by then, there should really be some sweet deals on the FZ1 I think, especially if there are any '09s hanging around.

Might even let you ride my FZ6 if you're good :). Nice pushy BTW. I'm riding a TCR1 when the trails are too damp for my mtb.

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha geez. Don't tell me you ride a Reign 0 off-road!?

Back to the topic, we just confirmed today that if you need to derestrict the FZ6R, it's a simple procedure of beding back the limiter (stop) plate at the end of the throttle cable. You can re-restrict it by bending back. A nice and simple thing, luckily. Not 100% certain that there are no other limiters in place (eg throttle bodies) but this will at least give you more than 1cm of throttle movement.

KelvinC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bikebiz,

This looks like a great bike. I am currently on my Ls and have a Honda CB400 sf (non abs) which does everything well but looks bland.

Just wondering how the FZ6R compares in acceleration and handling compared to the CB400.

If it is better in both these categories, then I am sold :thumbup:

Thanks.

Kelvin

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you ride the FZ6R as it is off the showroom floor, then you'll be disappointed with the power compared to your CB. If you want to take the risk and remove/disable the throttle stop, then you'll absolutely love it. But I didn't tell you to remove it :)

But seriously, for some reason Yamaha over-restricted it in stock form. It looks the goods, handles great, but just needs more throttle travel. You're in Sydney, come in for a ride! They're a little pricey, but I think the resale will be good - because as you say they look great. I mean take the Ninja 250, people come in droves to buy what's effectively a 20yo GPX bike - it confuses the hell out of me!

Chrissy64

Reaction score
Visit site
Back to the topic - do you know of any pics or videos on how to do this?

Ha geez. Don't tell me you ride a Reign 0 off-road!?

Back to the topic, we just confirmed today that if you need to derestrict the FZ6R, it's a simple procedure of beding back the limiter (stop) plate at the end of the throttle cable. You can re-restrict it by bending back. A nice and simple thing, luckily. Not 100% certain that there are no other limiters in place (eg throttle bodies) but this will at least give you more than 1cm of throttle movement.

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, and it is LAM's approved.....pretty decent looking bike for a first bike...in my day as a spotty 18 year old, i would of been well pleased to own such a "trick" looking piece of kit!

Well, put it this way, if i had a choice between FZ6R, Ninja 250, or a Hyosung, the Yammie would win hands down....

Only other thing that would get my interest, would be a BMW F800S, or N, in LAM's guise.

:rockon:

Ohhhhhhh... The F800S... Could you not love that, and want to make it an 'R', after watching Chris Pfieffer do some mad tricks? You would know that once you had that bike, stoppies, wheelies and body tricks would come naturally. :-D yes?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohhhhhhh... The F800S... Could you not love that, and want to make it an 'R', after watching Chris Pfieffer do some mad tricks? You would know that once you had that bike, stoppies, wheelies and body tricks would come naturally. :-D yes?

I have had serious flirtations with the thought of getting a F800S! They look great, they get rave reviews, build quality looks superb...the only thing, they lack a bit of ooomph, when things get serious in Sportsmode...but for the tight stuff, i reckon they would be a real good thing!

View attachment 35495

:rockon:

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode it today. You probably know I love the XJ6, so it comes as no surprise than I like the FZ6R. What will hit you though is the throttle stop on this thing. I kid you not, the throttle turns all of about 1.5cm. Then it hits a stopper! It sure beats the R125, but it feels as fast as a Hyosung GT250R. The GT650R would eat it alive. For some reason Yamaha have restricted it far more than needed.

We're trying to determine the restrictors. One rumour is that it's a throttle stop, a simply removal and you're back in business. The official word from Yamaha though is that it's a whole different set of throttle bodies on it, and around $2k to change out.

I'll be sure to let you know which it is.

The on-road price is about $12,700.

It's a superb looking bike, handles really well for what it is, and if derestriction turns out to be a simple thing, will be utterly brilliant :)

All you need to do is order a throttle cable from the USA... easy fix!

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, put it this way, if i had a choice between FZ6R, Ninja 250, or a Hyosung, the Yammie would win hands down....

If I had a choice between a riding lawnmower and a Hyosung I would pick the donkey for sale at the farmer's market.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I had a choice between a riding lawnmower and a Hyosung I would pick the donkey for sale at the farmer's market.

Yeah, i aint a fan either, but they are getting better, now that they are fuel injected at least, and they are cheap, and for a young guy, getting a bike like the GT650R, at least to look at, for a lot less than a Yamaha, or Honda, etc, they are pretty hard to refuse...

Still, i am with ya Lone! :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, i aint a fan either, but they are getting better, now that they are fuel injected at least, and they are cheap, and for a young guy, getting a bike like the GT650R, at least to look at, for a lot less than a Yamaha, or Honda, etc, they are pretty hard to refuse...

Still, i am with ya Lone! :thumbup:

...until you are riding along and the bike disintegrates into a cloud of rust and you're left holding the handlebars and can't find the rest of your bike.

Lol, getting better? Aw come on, better than truly abysmal is still somewhat abysmal.

Resale value is terrible. Maintenance and repairs are very high. Appearance is low-quality when you look closely. Price is similar to lightly used and VASTLY superior machines....

Marginal improvements are not what they need. They need to change their business model and build higher quality machines rather than continue with their "cheapest-possible-way-to-make-it" business concept.

They should be pretty easy to refuse, even for a new rider with bright eyes and bushy tail.