FZ6R Bar Review

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been running with the FZ6R bars for about a week now and here is my recap.

The main reason I wanted to change is the same as everyone else, hands going numb, sore hands/wrist, etc. Switching bars helped a lot, I also synced the throttle bodies after I changed my bars and I have no issues at all now.

I find that my handling is far better, that could be a simple fact that I am in a slightly different stance. I find my hands are spaced better and my wrists/elbows and shoulders are more comfortable.

There was really no change for me in wind buffeting or noise. Had a small issue at first with my clutch handle hitting the signal pod but a little tweaking seems to have solved that. Time to upgrade my levers :rockon:

I can't say how the FZ6R bars compare to the FZ1 bars as I haven't tried those yet. At this point for the riding I do these bars are great. I love the way my bike handles and feels after this change. Highway riding and twisty roads are a whole lot more fun, numb hands really take away from the fun factor.

For under 60 dollars and about 20 - 30 minutes of effort I would recommend
changing your bars, these almost seem to be the bars that Yamaha should have had on but didn't.

Just my 2 cents, but I love the change.

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice review. They felt much better than stock for me also, but I still like position of the FZ1 bar a bit more.

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the fz1 bar a more aggressive seating position???

The quick answer is "yes", since the bar is roughly 2" lower. But I had to pivot the FZ1 bar upward
so there would be enough clearance at the tank for full left/right steering swings.
Doing this will cause the tips of the bars to be slightly upward.
With the FZ6R bars installed, I found the tips to be angled downward.
The "R" bars felt a little better on the back & neck.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The quick answer is "yes", since the bar is roughly 2" lower. But I had to pivot the FZ1 bar upward
so there would be enough clearance at the tank for full left/right steering swings.
Doing this will cause the tips of the bars to be slightly upward.
With the FZ6R bars installed, I found the tips to be angled downward.
The "R" bars felt a little better on the back & neck.
^^+1 I have been using the fz6r bars for a little while now. I like them during the winter and long distance rides. I plan to paint some parts so the fz1 bars will prob go back on for a while.

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the seating position compared with the fz6r bar to the stock bar???

I find the seating better for me, I think I might have been bunching up my shoulders and that was affecting how I sit. My hands are spread a little wider but not in a bad way.

I just find it more comfortable, but I can also see how the FZ1 bar could give a similar comfort, but in a sportier way.

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
maybe I will try the FZ6r bars. I only had my bike for a week and so far so good but I am planning on going on a 3hr trip soon...so that will be the test