FZ6 Windscreen Poll

What windscreen do you use?

• Yamaha touring screen

Votes: 73 13.7%
  • Puig Racing screen (aka double bubble)

Votes: 199 37.3%
  • Puig Touring screen

Votes: 51 9.6%
  • CalSci (S, M, L) (S2)

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Givi DS Profile screen (S1&2)

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • Cee Bailey (S2)

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • MRA screen (add sub-type)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • 7JuRock screen

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Laminar Lip

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Gustaffson screens (S1&2)

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • MadStad Engineering RoboBrackets

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Converted my S1 fairing to an S2 fairing

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • OEM screen mod (cut, drilled, etc)

Votes: 50 9.4%
  • Went naked…

Votes: 52 9.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters

zan0088

Reaction score
Visit site
I just started using the Puig racing screen. I have used the OEM screen for most of the time I've owned the bike, wanted to try something different.
When riding at highway speeds, the draft is just about at the top of my visor and over my helmet, not enough to cause buffeting but the wind noise is noticeably loud. I can get out of it completely if needed just by lowering my head a bit. I'm 6'1, btw. It may not be the perfect screen for you with your additional 2" of height.

Yes, these 2'' of height are just doubtful now. Is it different at lower speeds such as 50 to 75mph? I am mostly driving in this range on regional roads, and 75mph is just a peak speed, not so constant speed - I only use highway if I am running out od timeat night, when tired of all turns and curved roads :)

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said, really doesn't buffet my head around, even at speeds of 70-80. It's just LOUDER; with ear plugs in I'm very happy with it. Maybe it's because of the double bubble profile spreading the draft differently, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zan0088

Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said, really doesn't buffet my head around, even at speeds of 70-80. It's just LOUDER; with ear plugs in I'm very happy with it. Maybe it's because of the double bubble profile spreading the draft differently, I don't know.

OK, thank you for help. I think I will order this Puig racing screen and when it won't work for my height, I have a backup plan to exchange it with someone owning any other touring screen :p

zan0088

Reaction score
Visit site

Hello,

today I received my Puig racing screen, and now I don't know if it is well made or it is semifinished product. I am missing some details according to original screen.

- The plastic is not bended at the screews position as on the original, it is just flat surcface, but the screw must go in under some angle, not just straight with screen.
- The hole for the screw under headlights is not in center.
- There are no handles to tight the rubber from back mirros, just flat surface of screen again.
- And for now, no disturbing difference is that there is no edge aroung headlights to cover the canal. The dirt can go deep in that canal. The second purpose of this is that the screen is locked from left/right moving, but it is missing on my screen.

So, for the money, this is too much cheap made and quality is low... if this is not semi-finished product without details...

Did you others received same screens without these needed details? If yes, how did you screwed it in?

Thank you

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
My Puig for S1 also missed the mirror rubber holding parts, and even started scratching headlight a bit. So yes, they seem to be not completely finished.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

zan0088

Reaction score
Visit site
My Puig for S1 also missed the mirror rubber holding parts, and even started scratching headlight a bit. So yes, they seem to be not completely finished.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Aha, but now I am looking the pictures on ebay and I think it is completed as these details are missing on the pictures too. When dissasembled the OEM screen I have seen that also mine headlight is a bit scratched from the OEM screen. I work as QA and I am sure I can say that it is made in low quality, and I am disappointed, also because no one in this or similar topics didn't complaint about these production failures. :)

The biggest problem is how to screw the screws in without damaging screen. Do you others use all 4 screws on the top for this screen? There are two phillips and two inbus screws, I have problems with the inbus two only, so the question is, if it is good enough to screw it with two phillips screws on the top and one under the headlight, so will those 3 screws hold the screen in position without problems?

Thank you

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The biggest problem is how to screw the screws in without damaging screen. Do you others use all 4 screws on the top for this screen? There are two phillips and two inbus screws, I have problems with the inbus two only, so the question is, if it is good enough to screw it with two phillips screws on the top and one under the headlight, so will those 3 screws hold the screen in position without problems?

Thank you

I installed the S1 version a few weeks ago. I don't recall any issues with screws going in at angles, or holes not being in the right place. I actually recall thinking how well made the screen was, and amazed how it fit my fairing perfectly.

Wonder if there are cheap knock-offs out there, and they just slap a Puig sticker on it? Who did you order it from, was it a reputable seller?

Johnny P

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you purchase this? MRA Vario.

Disregard, found it on twisted throttle. Will post an update after it arrives. My Puig windshield looks good but puts the air right at my neck. No buffeting per se but the wind noise is out of control, and it's not the helmet!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
Some thoughts on windscreens, laminar lips etc. I am 169cm "tall". Fz6 S1. Been riding a lot with Puig Double Bubble. Didn't see a lot (if any) improvement from stock screen except for the looks.
Decided to try a laminar lip (or deflector in my country). What happened? The air went up but now it hits me compressed by the lip on my helmet instead of my chest and throat. A lot more noise appeared. So I bought Puig Touring screen - almost no difference from Double Bubble. The stock lip on the screen makes a little difference. So I out the laminar lip onto the touring screen. This eventually made a difference - no wind hitting the helmet, everything flows over my head ( I can hear the air rushing on top of my helmet). Music easily heard, and when you ride you hear the engine instead of wind noise. But when my wife sat behind me - now it's horrible for her - all the wind passing my helmet hits her now. So I decided to go back to Double Bubble to make her rides more comfortable.
df547566260271ab4fa76c7a8119d943.jpg
49df4f93ba423e4a4e6f55c72b6e9048.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
I've tried a few different windshield but all of them cause a lot of wind noise to the helmet.
The Puig double bubble with the MRA attachment has been my best combo thus far, but I still have to wear air plugs, but at least i am not fighting to keep my head straight :)
The Puig Touring actually made it worse even though its a couple of inches taller, don't really understand why that would be
From the Looks of it I would think the XL CaLsci would solve the problem for me but I am afraid to spend $180 and still not be happy... I also would like to make sure that i am looking above the windshield and not through it.
Anyone Local in CT with one of these willing to let me go for a test drive :)
I apologize if I am overstepping not sure if such request are considered totally unacceptable