Votes: 32 8.7%

• Total voters

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like the painted original screen. It looks great at a smdgen of the price. Mine cost about $16 to do and only because I opted for 2 tone instead of pure black.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Function over form. I too am touring in the summer and have considered chopping my standard one down like alot of you have done. Cant warrant the £70 for a double bubble if it doesnt work

I have an 08 bike btw. Are the screens significantly different profiles?

Dave it works...trust me...Get some of that clear flexible widscreen piping to finish the job off.

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like the painted original screen. It looks great at a smdgen of the price. Mine cost about $16 to do and only because I opted for 2 tone instead of pure black.

You paid for paint Steph...my stock cut down one cost nothing. The blade was already in the hacksaw. :thumbup:

Steve

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the odd man out. I have the tallest California Scientific and couldn't be happier.

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted Chopped, but my preference is actually NO screen whatsoever.

Running a pre-2007 FZ with the screen removed is, to me, the perfect alternative to a naked conversion.

Screenless, I get the nice clean airflow that is impossible to achieve with the stock (or bigger) screen.

But if the weather looks like rain, I can put the screen back on in <5 minutes before I leave. You can do that with a proper naked, but probably without getting quite as much actual coverage.

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have two screens, the stock one which I use on trackdays and the Givi smoke Tourscreen for everything else, I love it to death and see no reason to use anything else unless on the track. But then again I do long mileage trips and enjoy the wind management it gives.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Puig touring screen, which is adequate for me at 6'1", but could be better for longer rides. The Cee Bailey looks good to me.

Of interest, I didn't bother with the rubber edging strip when I put on the Puig, but just recently I found it in the garage and decided to try it. Is it just me, or does is make a significant difference? Seems like I get less wind buffetting now. Maybe my opinion on the Puig is about to go up...

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Puig double bubble screen recently and I think it is a big improvement over stock. I am 5'11" and have nearly zero wind in my face which was a big problem with the stock screen. I can ride much harder, corner better without having to worry about the wind. Well, crosswinds are still a problem, but only a cage will solve that problem.

PS: I haven't tried the touring screen yet, and frankly I don't want to. After installing the Puig I thought my bike looked more like a touring bike than a sport bike, so anything taller, is a strict no.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Puig touring screen, which is adequate for me at 6'1", but could be better for longer rides. The Cee Bailey looks good to me.

Of interest, I didn't bother with the rubber edging strip when I put on the Puig, but just recently I found it in the garage and decided to try it. Is it just me, or does is make a significant difference? Seems like I get less wind buffetting now. Maybe my opinion on the Puig is about to go up...

I don't know if the rubber strip helps or not but I almost gave up on putting that thing on! Man that is a tough job!

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if the rubber strip helps or not but I almost gave up on putting that thing on! Man that is a tough job!

I didn't find it too difficult - get one end started, even just 1/4", then press it on as you go from there just a little at a time. Took me less than 1 minute. I even took it off again to cut the length and then reinstalled just as easy. I used the excess to put a small strip on the bottom portion as well.