FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I asked for a quote for 5 clear coat sets & 10 black sets. I should have the electronic quote in my email by this evening.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get the quote until yesterday morning which was fine for me as I'm still helping my wife recover and taking care of my 2 year old & 3 month old.

The damage, total cost for 5 clear sets and 10 black sets with tax: $1195.31 USD. Divided by 15, that's $79.69 USD. Add $6 USD for a 3M Bubble Mailer + USPS Postage (estimated using 1 pound Letter via PriorityMail), 2-5 days delivery. Add $5 USD more for First-Class International Mail, 5-7 days delivery.

Also, their estimator quoted a 2-3 week delivery time from time of order.

Bottom line:
US shipment: $85.69 USD via PayPal
Int'l shipment: $90.69 USD via PayPal

Mind you, none of this covers any of my costs, buys me a beer :beer: or even a McDonald's cheeseburger. :p And it looks like I'll be eating 3 sets unless someone wants to buy two.

I'll be sending you all PMs with my PayPal info.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't worry about the commitment just yet. Let me go get the quote. I'll contact the fab shop. The final price could affect people's interest.

The Fab Shop usually likes me to come in and sign their Work Order/Contract and give them my credit card number before they start work. And I'm not starting work until I get prepayment.

I'm currently tied up in a hospital 65 miles away while my wife recovers from her gallbladder surgery she had yesterday. I'll get them on the phone when I go to lunch in a few. I might try to drive in on Friday. We're a few days out to say the least.

Personally, I'd like to order 20 to make it that much cheaper for everyone. We'll have to see how it goes.:thumbup:

-Louis
Thanks louis,
If this fall through I will be happy to purchase a set of the Mk 1 version, if still availible.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get the quote until yesterday morning which was fine for me as I'm still helping my wife recover and taking care of my 2 year old & 3 month old.

The damage, total cost for 5 clear sets and 10 black sets with tax: $1195.31 USD. Divided by 15, that's $79.69 USD. Add $6 USD for a 3M Bubble Mailer + USPS Postage (estimated using 1 pound Letter via PriorityMail), 2-5 days delivery. Add $5 USD more for First-Class International Mail, 5-7 days delivery.

Also, their estimator quoted a 2-3 week delivery time from time of order.

Bottom line:
US shipment: $85.69 USD via PayPal
Int'l shipment: $90.69 USD via PayPal

Mind you, none of this covers any of my costs, buys me a beer :beer: or even a McDonald's cheeseburger. :p And it looks like I'll be eating 3 sets unless someone wants to buy two.

I'll be sending you all PMs with my PayPal info.
I'll bung you a few brew tokens, thanks for all the work.
Ready to paypal when you are.

Neil

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pm your Paypal will send ASAP with a 5$ tip since your getting me the deals ill send you something it only right

Do you include the hard ware if not whats the bolt measurements so I can get em ;)

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hardware needed is pretty basic and should only cost you a few bucks at Home Depot, OSH, or any other basic hardware store that sells metric bolts, nuts and washers.

4 qty 8mm x 25mm x 1.25 pitch bolts (these mount at the frame),
4 qty 8mm x 30mm x 1.25 pitch bolts (for the rearset mount)
4 qty 8mm nuts (back side of the set back plate)
8 qty 8mm washers (back side of the set back plate)

Buy extra washers (they usually come in tens or dozens anyways) to help with the lateral adjustment on the shifter.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there a mod for keeping the shift rod inside the frame?

Somebody once tried to shim the rearset mount to make that possible it was ugly and made the whole setup more fragile. Some other motorcycles dont sneak the shift rod inside the frame (notably Harleys are long rods visible and Ducatis & Kawis have a short rod under the engine). I've ridden thousands of miles (mostly over Angeles Crest) with the rod outside the frame with no issue. My bigger issue was the cut & flipped shifter peg lever. I don't recommend it (it pushes the ankle/heel unsafely off the rearset), my original customizer/fabricator made that design decision without conferring with me, and using washers/shims has proven safer/more dependable solution for the shift rod issue. The washer/shim solution is what I use today. Even bending the rod is unnecessary for most people (myself included). However, if you would like to mod my mod, be my guest :D.

Here's a few pics of my current setup. PM coming shortly...

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Current Tally:
4 PAID

1. khammy - black - PAID
  2. Gelvatron - black - PAID
  3. starflyer - black - PAID
  4. Lefty - black - PAID
  5. joshiepoogoose - black - unpaid
  6. motojoe122 - black - unpaid
  7. ckrockets - black - unpaid
  8. mayassa - black - unpaid
  9. NorCal FZ6 - black - unpaid
  10. JasonB - silver - unpaid
  11. Nelly - silver - unpaid
  12. mave2911 - silver - unpaid

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I would like to specially thank Gelvatron, khammy, and starflyer for their generous tips. I really appreciate it.

-L

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Current Tally:
5 PAID

1. khammy - black - PAID
  2. Gelvatron - black - PAID
  3. starflyer - black - PAID
  4. Lefty - black - PAID
  5. motojoe122 - black - PAID
  6. joshiepoogoose - black - unpaid