FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

Nice to see thread is updated. The hardware looks well worth the buck. I have just a few questions.

1. Just some clarification. Once the extensions are in, are they are fixed with no adjustability?
2. How is the anodized black holding up is there any fade over time? Has the used black turned purple or pink?
3. Is it possible to just get the extenders with no color? I was thinking just powder coating em black. Or do you advise against it?

Last edited:
Nice to see thread is updated. The hardware looks well worth the buck. I have just a few questions.

1. Just some clarification. Once the extensions are in, are they are fixed with no adjustability?
2. How is the anodized black holding up is there any fade over time? Has the used black turned purple or pink?
3. Is it possible to just get the extenders with no color? I was thinking just powder coating em black. Or do you advise against it?

1) Fixed. Non-adjustable save for what you can accomplish laterally with washers. See the install threads.
2) I haven't had anybody tell me their black has faded in the 4 years since the original run.
3) "No color" is essentially what silver is. It's the anodizer minus any coloring. Left un-anodized (or unfinished), the aircraft-grade aluminum is susceptible to rust in certain environments. The electro-chemical bonding that occurs during the anodizing process creates a thin surface layer of colored aluminum (like layers in a rock or quartz) which protects the entire plate from corrosion.

Current Tally:
9 interested & color spec'd
3 previously interested

1. KingY - silver - unpaid
  2. khammy - black - unpaid
  3. motojoe122 - black - unpaid
  4. ckrockets - black - unpaid
  5. mave2911 - silver - unpaid
  6. Mark3d 4 D34th - black - unpaid
  7. Gelvatron - black - unpaid
  8. mayassa - black - unpaid
  9. Lefty - silver - unpaid

Previously interested:
  1. NorCal FZ6 - ??? - unpaid
  2. Nelly - ??? - unpaid
  3. joshiepoogoose - ??? - unpaid

I am deffo in, just for the raised pegs alone. Let me know when everyone is ready and i will send the money. i got one questions which i know has been flogged to death so i just want final confirmaiton, i just read 6 threads of info on GP shift with this set up, i am very interested in this.

in short can this be done with little to no extra work to the shift arm and foot pegs? i know about the bending shift rod / shimming the plates off the frame. Just curious at what point you roatate to enable gp shift i have no been able to find any pictures on the net.

Regardless of this i am still in

Hello all. First time poster here.

I'm really excited about these setback plates :rockon: Please put me down for a set in black.

I am deffo in, just for the raised pegs alone. Let me know when everyone is ready and i will send the money. i got one questions which i know has been flogged to death so i just want final confirmaiton, i just read 6 threads of info on GP shift with this set up, i am very interested in this.

in short can this be done with little to no extra work to the shift arm and foot pegs? i know about the bending shift rod / shimming the plates off the frame. Just curious at what point you roatate to enable gp shift i have no been able to find any pictures on the net.

Regardless of this i am still in

Check post 19 on this thread.

So the engine gear shift shaft (shaft coming out from the engine) connects to the shift rod (a double-ball jointed rod) which is connected to the shifter peg assembly on the foot peg assembly (or see parts 12, 11, 25, 20, 19, 21, 13 here).

The gear shift only actions in one direction. I believe it's counter-clockwise is "shift up" in standard shift which is normally a "pull action" by the shift rod. And the gear shift shaft is notched (small divot on the toothed shift rod mount to indicate its position. Because the shift rod is double ball jointed, you can rotate its "bite" position on the gear shift shaft to make the counter-clockwise action a "push-action" by the shift rod (where you get GP Shift action). But, because you've moved "bite" position and the shift rod is only so long, you've also rotated the position of the shift peg. The trick then becomes to aligning the "bite" position and shifter peg position while still getting reliable shifts (some "bite" positions won't shift at all because the range of movement allowed in the setup doesn't click past/into the next/previous gear).

And if I have the directions wrong, just reverse them. I'm in Thousand Oaks (80 miles from my bike) at the moment so I can't verify it all but will do so later.

Current Tally:
10 interested & color spec'd
3 previously interested

1. KingY - silver - unpaid
  5. mave2911 - silver - unpaid
  6. Mark3d 4 D34th - black - unpaid
  7. Gelvatron - black - unpaid
  8. mayassa - black - unpaid
  10. starflyer - black - unpaid

Previously interested:
  1. NorCal FZ6 - ??? - unpaid
  2. Nelly - ??? - unpaid
  3. joshiepoogoose - ??? - unpaid

Yes still interested in a silver set. Need a quote for shipping.
CO Offaly, Republic of Ireland.
Neil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Check post 19 on this thread.

So the engine gear shift shaft (shaft coming out from the engine) connects to the shift rod (a double-ball jointed rod) which is connected to the shifter peg assembly on the foot peg assembly (or see parts 12, 11, 25, 20, 19, 21, 13 here).

The gear shift only actions in one direction. I believe it's counter-clockwise is "shift up" in standard shift which is normally a "pull action" by the shift rod. And the gear shift shaft is notched (small divot on the toothed shift rod mount to indicate its position. Because the shift rod is double ball jointed, you can rotate its "bite" position on the gear shift shaft to make the counter-clockwise action a "push-action" by the shift rod (where you get GP Shift action). But, because you've moved "bite" position and the shift rod is only so long, you've also rotated the position of the shift peg. The trick then becomes to aligning the "bite" position and shifter peg position while still getting reliable shifts (some "bite" positions won't shift at all because the range of movement allowed in the setup doesn't click past/into the next/previous gear).

And if I have the directions wrong, just reverse them. I'm in Thousand Oaks (80 miles from my bike) at the moment so I can't verify it all but will do so later.

I see, so the "L" shaped bracked that bolts to the "engine gear shift shaft" needs to be reversed (flipped). So the "L" bends away from the engine and not towards like it does on standard set up.

I did see your pictures but i was not sure if yours was different due to the weld on the shift lever. but now it makes sense, so with a little but of time it can be set up with GP which is what time after and its a much cheaper alternative to rear sets

Yes still interested in a silver set. Need a quote for shipping.
CO Offaly, Republic of Ireland.
Neil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Shipping internationally is just $5USD more than the US folks. Something like $6USD total cost for postage plus shipping material.

Current Tally:
13 interested & color spec'd
1 interested

1. joshiepoogoose - ??? - unpaid
  5. Mark3d 4 D34th - black - unpaid
  6. Gelvatron - black - unpaid
  7. mayassa - black - unpaid
  8. starflyer - black - unpaid
  9. NorCal FZ6 - black - unpaid
  10. KingY - silver - unpaid
  11. Lefty - silver - unpaid
  12. JasonB - silver - unpaid
  13. Nelly - silver - unpaid
  14. mave2911 - silver - unpaid

Hey osoK2 got some bad news. Im affraid i will have to drop out of this sale. i was speaking with my other half last night about having GP shift (I dont think she cares but she was going along with it anyway) and i mentioned i am buying these set back plates.

Well i found out one of my Xmas prezzies early, looks like i be getting a set of black rearsets for Xmas from her. As she has already placed the deposit, im affriad i am gonna have to drop out, Thanks for the great product and info, somebody else can jump on my set

Current Tally:
12 interested & color spec'd
1 interested

1. joshiepoogoose - ??? - unpaid
  10. Lefty - silver - unpaid
  11. JasonB - silver - unpaid
  12. Nelly - silver - unpaid
  13. mave2911 - silver - unpaid

Current Tally:

1. joshiepoogoose - black - unpaid

Current Tally:

I'm happy to pay but need some commitment from the other interested parties.

Neil

osok2-- sorry but I am going to have to bow out as well, I was just granted permission to buy another bike for track days by the commander and cheif so I won't be needing these for the Fizzer thanks and sorry for wasting your time

I'm happy to pay but need some commitment from the other interested parties.

Neil

Don't worry about the commitment just yet. Let me go get the quote. I'll contact the fab shop. The final price could affect people's interest.

The Fab Shop usually likes me to come in and sign their Work Order/Contract and give them my credit card number before they start work. And I'm not starting work until I get prepayment.

I'm currently tied up in a hospital 65 miles away while my wife recovers from her gallbladder surgery she had yesterday. I'll get them on the phone when I go to lunch in a few. I might try to drive in on Friday. We're a few days out to say the least.

Personally, I'd like to order 20 to make it that much cheaper for everyone. We'll have to see how it goes.:thumbup:

-Louis

Current Tally:
12 interested & color spec'd

5. Gelvatron - black - unpaid
  6. mayassa - black - unpaid
  7. starflyer - black - unpaid
  8. NorCal FZ6 - black - unpaid