FZ6 project for GPBikes

chnordiste

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi every one,

Are FZ6 riders playing GPBikes ?

It's a motorcycle simulation I've discovered few month ago, and designed by a motorcycle passionate programmer named "Piboso".

Even this game havent good looking graphics ( the guy devellop this game alone) and only 3 bikes and 1 track in "stock version, the riding simulation is by far the greatest I 've ever played ( doing one lap without falling is a great acheavement with all help deactivated :rockon:)

this game is also open for modding, so even there is 1 track on stock version, lot of track are available on download platform.

here a video made by a player :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIZTnKZB7Q]"The Beauty Of GP Bikes" - Part.2 (Beta3) - YouTube[/ame]

But the main point of my topic is my project of designing an FZ6 for the game.
I've only a few experience of indistrual CAD on CATIA, it's the first time I use 3dsmax and i've no experience in texturing so i'm not sure of the final result.

But i am motivated and patient :D !

there a few picture of the works :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rjn4kL0Rrc]TESTfz6virtu - YouTube[/ame]

vO6jzQb.jpg

snxCs3Q.jpg

McCRTdx.png

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks fantastic, I admire your skill and wish you great fortune as you develop this idea.
I have made this thread a sticky so it will be easier to follow your work.
Sadly you have chosen the slower blue colour but hopefully in the game this can be edited at the players discretion :BLAA:, I mean you no malice good luck and thanks for posting.

Neil:thumbup:

kevlarorc

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! One thing I might suggest is that you have quite an uneven poly distribution on things like the headers vs the fenders and hugger.
It also looks like you are using turbosmooth for the tank and seat. Generally for game modeling you want to use turbosmooth for the high poly bake and then build a less wasteful model for the low poly.

Does the sim support normal mapping?

If you want any help with texturing or baking give me a shout!

chnordiste

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good! One thing I might suggest is that you have quite an uneven poly distribution on things like the headers vs the fenders and hugger.
It also looks like you are using turbosmooth for the tank and seat. Generally for game modeling you want to use turbosmooth for the high poly bake and then build a less wasteful model for the low poly.

Does the sim support normal mapping?

If you want any help with texturing or baking give me a shout!

I didn't used turbosmooth but splinecage modeling, that is even worst for game integration :(. Nowaday I used the technic you explain which is much better :rockon:

also the game support shader as normal mapping, reflection and alpha mapping. But before learning this kind of "art" I need to understand how to unwrap mesh properly :banghead:

Picture of actual project's state :

BLxKAV4l.jpg

13mNOzxl.jpg

xPWt5IPl.jpg

tLBVdmm.jpg

Thanks to new update of the game, the bike's physic can now be modify.
I change the gear box in order to have correct gear ratio and also set a more credible power and torque response :

(puissance in ch means power in HP )

sKwnZ7K.jpg

this is how it look like in the game (with 16 teeth front sproket) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O_vIDdpGo]GPBIKES FZ6 accel - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
This looks pretty darn interesting, I will check it out as it moves closer to completion. I've been grooving on MotoGP13 for a while and loving it (only ss bikes, but the handling and movement of the riders and weather conditions in the game are excellent (Once you take it out of easy-win mode).

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't used turbosmooth but splinecage modeling, that is even worst for game integration :(. Nowaday I used the technic you explain which is much better :rockon:

also the game support shader as normal mapping, reflection and alpha mapping. But before learning this kind of "art" I need to understand how to unwrap mesh properly :banghead:

Picture of actual project's state :

BLxKAV4l.jpg

13mNOzxl.jpg

xPWt5IPl.jpg

tLBVdmm.jpg

Thanks to new update of the game, the bike's physic can now be modify.
I change the gear box in order to have correct gear ratio and also set a more credible power and torque response :

(puissance in ch means power in HP )

sKwnZ7K.jpg

this is how it look like in the game (with 16 teeth front sproket) :

GPBIKES FZ6 accel - YouTube

The S2 has a terrible speed wobble

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk