FZ6 is NOT A SCOOTER

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Is there different terminology for Motorcycles elsewhere I am not familiar with?

Flame me if you must... I cringe every time I see the word scooter! :disapprove:

Narrator:
mglowe is feeling bad and thinking that sounded very unfriendly... he apologizes. He must have needed to get that out of his system - was it the rains or floods talking? :Sport:

W

wrightme43

Is there different terminology for Motorcycles elsewhere I am not familiar with?

Flame me if you must... I cringe every time I see the word scooter! :disapprove:

Narrator:
mglowe is feeling bad and thinking that sounded very unfriendly... he apologizes. He must have needed to get that out of his system - was it the rains or floods talking? :Sport:

I call mine a scoot or scooter all the time. Its just a bike, a scoot, a cycle, a motorcycle, a hot rod scooter.

Real scooters rock too. If its on two wheels its cool. I give harley guys hell, but they give it right back.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I call mine a scoot or scooter all the time. Its just a bike, a scoot, a cycle, a motorcycle, a hot rod scooter.

Real scooters rock too. If its on two wheels its cool. I give harley guys hell, but they give it right back.

I agree two wheels are cool. I'd love got a Vespa and hot rod it, piston kit, pipe, carb, etc. There is the shop in Austin that imports old Vespas from Europe and restores they for sale. There is a big Vespa club and they go on rides together, 30 to 40 plus. The first time I saw them I almost fell off my bicycle because I was laughing to damn hard. They were having fun however!

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
no lie, i want a Honda Ruckus scooter. those things look like fun, i've seen them converted from drum brakes to pistons and a little exhaust mod lol. sidewalk hooligans!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone seen that new 3 wheeled scooter where each of the front 2 wheels have an individual suspension built in so you can counter steer and ride as you would a motorcycle?

me wants one of those would be pretty sweet. supposed to get amazing traction from all that rubber on the ground up front.

Khyren

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and most of the people I know piss me off everytime that they call my FZ a "crotch rocket." They don't understand that there is a gray area between tourer and super sport(aka crotch rockets). The FZ falls into that gray area.

Khyren

W

wrightme43

Scooters totally rock. I would love to have the ability to get rid of my truck 12.5 mpg, and get something that gets 100mpg. You know 100mpg whos laughing now?

I love my bike its a freaking blast, but man scooters are fun too.

I do always try to correct the crotch rocket reference to my bike though. I show the higher bars, and the longer chassis and attempt explain the difference usually glazed eyes that sorta nod. LOL

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Scooters totally rock.

That they do!

My favorite is the Yamaha Vino - Sexy.

Actually, Scooters these days are more functional than they get credit for. Take the C3 Scooter for example, it has 9 gallons of storage space built in. It gets an estimated 115 MPG and a little over $2000 U.S. dollars how could you go wrong?

Throw a tackle box in the storage space with some ice and non-alcoholic beer [soda pop] and go fishing.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree two wheels are cool. I'd love got a Vespa and hot rod it, piston kit, pipe, carb, etc. There is the shop in Austin that imports old Vespas from Europe and restores they for sale. There is a big Vespa club and they go on rides together, 30 to 40 plus. The first time I saw them I almost fell off my bicycle because I was laughing to damn hard. They were having fun however!

:gay:

:wrist:

j/k

(Man we need more smilies things than we have now, LS1 tech has tons of them at are awsome)

But yeah, just givin you guys crap. Personally I would never buy or build a scooter. Now a pit-bike, thats another story...

-bryan

Last edited:

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Scooters are freaking awesome! I'd love to try a Majesty or Burgman any day of the week.

Scooters are so cool, even Rossi rides them! Check it out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xgM6kRJI4"]YouTube - Valentino Rossi On Scooter Stunt[/ame]

No helmet, gear or anything. Rossi is so badass, he doesn't wear any defense when on a scooter! Hee hee.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Scooter doesn't need pedaling to get going.... that is a Moped.

My boss has an Aprilia Rally (49cc 2-stroke) with that proven 50 year old Italian scooter engine. Well, he has MORE fun on that than on his big Aprilia or the Duc. He has this scooter modded with a jug and head upgrade, custom exhaust, custom clutch weights, degoverned...etc.... The thing will do 72 mph and I'm not kidding in the least! It will wheelie from a standstill. Last summer, I saw him at a light when a Hardley pulled up next to him. He looks over, gives a nod and a blip of the throttle. This thing sounds like a weedwacker on steroids! The HD guy laughs.... the light turns green and the scooter SMOKES the guy to the next light. They ended up pulling into the corner station and sitting at DD talking scooters for over an hour.

BTW, Yamaha makes one with the same engine: 2009 Yamaha Zuma Photo Gallery Detail which was brought back this year by popular demand.

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
100mpg or more. Seriously. Whos laughing now? Think about that.

If I am going to ride a bike, it will be a full size bike. Im not about to commute through Charlotte on a scooter with all my books and my machine box....

We are already hard enough to see. Being on something even smaller and slower doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't be picking on mopeds, now. We still have the one I bought my son when he was 13. Put a big bore kit on it, larger carb and a Bi-Turbo exhaust. It's not the best off the line but it will do an honest 55 mph or so and get 100 mpg doing it. It's a lot of fun tooling around the neighborhood on it. Of course, Drew's 17 now and it's just not cool to be seen on the 'ped!