FZ1 Transforms.....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is there a way to get a set of those lights for the fz6?

I don't think they'd fit. He custom made these specifically for the Gen II FZ1 bikes. If he had an FZ6 there to work with, I don't think it would be a whole lot more work to reshape to fit.

His parts are so light yet so damned sturdy! I'll have to weigh them all vs. the stock parts removed.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
You said he was in FL right? Where at. I don't mind taking a weekend ride over to him so he can mock something up :p
As long as I get the protoype discount as well :p

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You said he was in FL right? Where at. I don't mind taking a weekend ride over to him so he can mock something up :p
As long as I get the protoype discount as well :p

I think he is across the state from you in Port St. Lucie? Not 100% sure on that... You can email him from his web site. Home

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! His screens are in the highest demand followed by the cowl... but I've yet to see anyone with the blinker pods so I'm happy that I'll be rather unique! I'm his first LED customer too so I got the "prototype discount" from him. :rockon:

I'm shooting for this look but want a color that goes with blue other than white:

NP004.jpg

Now that is a nice looking bike!

Reminds of the FZ6 Cup bike....which is proably because the FZ6 Cup front race fairing was modelled on an FZ1 front fairing!

If you get your bike to look like that....

View attachment 27960

:rockon:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice mods..the bike looks much much more awesome. i like the look you are aspiring to wiht the racing stripes. this guy know his stuff makes very good looking parts.:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jamie!

Unsure about the white (which does look great, like a certain Mustang and Cobra of old?) but I'd like to look into other colors as well. I'd given thought of doing them in decal fashion so if I didn't like the look later, it would be easy to transform back.

So, what colors would go well with this Cobalt Blue outside of white? :D Gold? Yellow? Silver? Crimson Red?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a lot closer today... the rest of the Copperdog parts are installed. :D Here's some shots of the front with the new LED blinker fairings after this little video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX0Rcid8YRs]YouTube - '09 FZ1 with Copperdawg front blinker pods[/ame]

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jamie!

Unsure about the white (which does look great, like a certain Mustang and Cobra of old?) but I'd like to look into other colors as well. I'd given thought of doing them in decal fashion so if I didn't like the look later, it would be easy to transform back.

So, what colors would go well with this Cobalt Blue outside of white? :D Gold? Yellow? Silver? Crimson Red?

What about a couple of silver stripes, but in a "Brushed Metal" finish? Now i reckon that would look very "high-end", and would work in well with the rest of the "silver" parts on the bike, like the rearsets, bars, etc...

Silver and gold seem to work well together in moderation, so your gold wheels would still fit in...maybe polish the very outer rim of the wheels to bring them up a bit...without too much hassle keeping it shiny...

:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A silver would look great! I'd have to rethink my plans to remove all the silver parts though. I'd planned to take them all off this winter and get them powder coated matte black. ;)

Now those wheels? I honestly don't know what that color is.... :dontknow: It isn't gold and it has an almost greenish tint to it. Personally, I hate it and want the wheels done as well but in something that will compliment the look. Wish I was adept at Photoshop! :D

Thanks again for another great idea Jamie!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A silver would look great! I'd have to rethink my plans to remove all the silver parts though. I'd planned to take them all off this winter and get them powder coated matte black. ;)

Now those wheels? I honestly don't know what that color is.... :dontknow: It isn't gold and it has an almost greenish tint to it. Personally, I hate it and want the wheels done as well but in something that will compliment the look. Wish I was adept at Photoshop! :D

Thanks again for another great idea Jamie!

If you are going to do the wheels, maybe a brushed metal look for them as well?

Or maybe black, with polished metal edges?

I reckon the second option would look very high end as well...definitely not "gawdy"!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would those pod lights work for the FZ6?

Unfortunately, no. These were designed by a guy who owns a Gen II FZ1 and they are form-fitted to the FZ1 fairing. Sorry!

I wanted to be different... no stock stalks but also no flush mounts. This guy had the answer. :thumbup: I've not seen any other bikes with his blinker fairings on the front and rear.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, they do look sweet, maybe someday they will!

You can send him a message from his web site and ask. He is in FL by Port Saint Lucie I believe. Perhaps if someone was to drop off their FZ6 with him, he could modify the fabrication to make a set. I have to warn you, his stuff is not cheap. :eek: :Flash: Copperdawg and his name is Patrick.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is one fine looking machine! Really like the look of everything you did so far.:thumbup: