FZ1 Handlebar

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I saw on the compatibility chart that the FZ1 handlebars will work on my 04 FZ6. I am looking for a wider bar and not so angled any help would be great. Thanks

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to be a douche or nothing but there are literally dozens of fz1 bar threads where you can find just what your looking for, you can either use the search feature here on the site or google and type fz6 first then what your looking for so in this case "fz6 fz1 bar"

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it's real searchable. One less searchable tidbit though, is that the FZ6R bar is about the same rise and also has the less angled back-sweptedness. (Bends wrists less.) I have an FZ6R bar and it helped the wrists. The FZ1 bar helps that too, but is lower.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of threads and many places to buy. Did it on my 04 and love it even on long trips. Had to be careful about how I mounted the bar - angle it up just enough to clear the tank when turned to full lock. Mine is just a bit more so it will clear my tank bag. Cheap mod and does make a difference.

Dadeadlyraccoon

Reaction score
Visit site
One other idea is to put drag bars on it. I hated my stock 07 bars and went to my local shop and paid 25 bucks for some. For me the upsides are that it lowered me into a more aggressive position which I love and ow the wind doesn't hit me in the shoulders, it just glances the top of them so at high speeds I am very comfy. The bars are also almost completely flat and straight too which I also love because my previous riding experience was motocross. Hope this helps. If you want pics I can get some.