FZ1 Bar Mod Question

VNP3

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Quick question. I want to install the FZ1 bars because the Fz6 bars are putting some serious strain on my forearms and wrist. But i wanted to try out the FZ1 bars before i did it. Basically what my question is, are the riding postions similar on the FZ1 to the FZ6. So if i were to walk in to a dealer and sit on an fz1 id get a good feel?

I could be wrong, but I believe Erci has said that the FZ6 with FZ1 bars is slightly more aggressive than the FZ1 stock.

However, you'll be able to get a good idea of how much BETTER the bars feel on your wrists. I swapped over to FZ1 bars and it was one of the best mods I've done to the bike.

I could be wrong, but I believe Erci has said that the FZ6 with FZ1 bars is slightly more aggressive than the FZ1 stock.

However, you'll be able to get a good idea of how much BETTER the bars feel on your wrists. I swapped over to FZ1 bars and it was one of the best mods I've done to the bike.

Correct. FZ6 with FZ1 bar ends up being a bit more stretched out (handlebar ends up being farther from center of seat and lower that on stock FZ1).

And since I'm bored.. here's a pic to prove it (notice seat center on FZ1 is a bit more forward, so total reach is shorter on FZ1 and bar sits just a bit higher on FZ1)

fz1vfz6.jpg

I was thinking of getting the FZ1 bars as well and wanted to know if you need any bar risers?

Thanks

Back