FZ1 Bar Done!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2008 FZ1 handlebar from Stadium Yamaha and put it on yesterday. I must say it's a way more natural position for people with long arms. I always got sore on long rides with the stock bar because it forces my wrists to turn inward so much. It definitely helps with the streetfighter look as well. The only fitment issue I had was with the brake lever. With the brake line in the stock location, I couldn't rotate the lever down where I wanted it. To fix it, I just loosened the banjo bolt and rotated it around some to give me extra clearance before it hit the triple tree. BTW, brake cleaner makes your grips slide on and off EXTREMELY easy for about 5 seconds until it dries again.

BTW, I know my grips look like crap, but I'm saving for the Rizomas. :D

fz1bar1.jpg

fz1bar2.jpg

fz1bar3.jpg

fz1bar4.jpg

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post and pics. This is one that I want to do, too. I'm not goin' nekked but still like the flatter bar.

How much were the bars, with shipping, if you don't mind me asking?

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I switched to the FZ1 bars after I wrecked this summer and absolutely love 'em. The only thing that kind of sucked was that the dealership didn't tighten them well enough, and the first time I went to back my bike into a parking space I hit my tank with the right handle switch lever which left a mark. I adjusted them so that the left side for sure will not hit, but I didn't want to go any higher, so the right side will actually still hit if I'm not careful. Have you (or anyone else) found a solution to this without having to scoot the levers further from the grip?

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
I switched to the FZ1 bars after I wrecked this summer and absolutely love 'em. The only thing that kind of sucked was that the dealership didn't tighten them well enough, and the first time I went to back my bike into a parking space I hit my tank with the right handle switch lever which left a mark. I adjusted them so that the left side for sure will not hit, but I didn't want to go any higher, so the right side will actually still hit if I'm not careful. Have you (or anyone else) found a solution to this without having to scoot the levers further from the grip?

I rolled my controls really far foward. Can lock steering without touching tank. Caution- I have really long arms & also set my dirt bike up like this. Looks totally nuts to pasers-by! Hope this helps, ready

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got about 3/8" of clearance between the tank and controls.

Total cost w/ shipping was $42.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look great, i have similar "Drag Bars" on my bike, look & feel a lot better, i must agree, love your Bar end mirrors too...was thinking of getting some of those too for a cleaner look around the bars...what's the vision like from them, and what brand are they?

:thumbup:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They're just some off-brand ones from aztec8. I broke the mount on one of them while installing them and still haven't replaced it. They're convex, so you can see everything in them including whatever you might have in the back seat. :D

Toympas

Reaction score
Visit site

If you want to provide extra clearence with the tank, you can chop the handlebar 3-5cm depending on how it will fit. Ive done it on my Fz1 Fazer but cant tell how much you can cut it on the Fz6. But it sure gets things tucked in alot more than stock bar (stock fz1 bar).

You can try changing the risers too i guess.

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
I rolled my controls very far forward. Much less work to go wide open, and fits my long arms better. My tank is now clear by about a 1/4 inch! Hope this helps, ready