FZ1 after three seasons on FZ6

Took the 6 out after spending a week on the 1.

I'll tell you one thing I definitely like better about the 6.. MUCH narrower tank! I feel like I'm riding a horse when I'm on FZ1!
Narrow tank makes the 6 feels lighter and smaller.. a good thing in city riding, in my opinion.
There is definitely more vibration on the 6, but that's nothing new.

Pure fun factor at slower speeds.. I think I'd choose the 6 :eek:

I'll tell you one thing I definitely like better about the 6.. MUCH narrower tank! I feel like I'm riding a horse when I'm on FZ1!
Narrow tank makes the 6 feels lighter and smaller.. a good thing in city riding, in my opinion.

This makes me happy!!! LOL :BLAA:

thats 1 thing i didnt like after sitting on the fz1 was the wide tank

Did more work on the bike today.

FZ6 peg inserts (FZ1 stock inserts are too squishy for my taste and left one was worn out).

pegsfz6ins.jpg

OEM mirrors are back on. They're actually very good. I think they must stick out a bit more than stock FZ6 ones.. better visibility.

Tank bra is on (doesn't help the look, but it's very functional).

Givi rack is on (also doesn't help the look, but extremely functional).

fz1givitankbra.jpg

Any mods planned yet?
Maybe put a better looking exhaust on there? hehe... still a great looking bike! Was in a Kawasaki shop today for chain lube in Dayton, and got a glimpse of a Ninja 1000, gonna be a hard choice between the FZ and the Ninja.... lol i'm having bike crisis' 4 months into owning my first motorcycle... i'm in trouble lol

Any mods planned yet?
Maybe put a better looking exhaust on there? hehe... still a great looking bike! Was in a Kawasaki shop today for chain lube in Dayton, and got a glimpse of a Ninja 1000, gonna be a hard choice between the FZ and the Ninja.... lol i'm having bike crisis' 4 months into owning my first motorcycle... i'm in trouble lol

LOL.. new can's already in garage :D Should have it on soon.

I dig new Ninja, but there's no way that sucker's gonna be cheap any time soon. I picked this thing up for $5k even!!

I went the ultra cheap route.. Delkevic tri-oval carbon. Reviews are very good.. figured it was worth a shot for 1/3 of the price of Leo Vince I wanted.

product2206_1b.jpg

Looking good! My buddy's friend got Delkevic for his SV650 and loves it. I yet to hear it but they say sound is very nice.
Please post a clip when installed if it is not too much trouble and your impression compared to FZ6

Good news is you only had to buy one pipe for this one! :spank:
Looking into new exhausts for the V, Vance and hines is #1 but a yoshimura trc just came into the picture at an amazing price, so might take a gamble at that. i like the CF look on that pipe too, get 'er on there! and then....
images

Did a lot more work on the bike, last night and this morning.

Full touring mode..

1. Installed Givi touring screen
2. Installed USB wire hooked up to switched power.
3. Waterproof GPS case installed.
4. Handlebar swap (Drilled out FZ1 bar to OEM FZ1 bar.. so I can use OEM bar ends).
4. Oury road grips installed.
5. Delkevic exhaust installed.
6. Silverstar bulbs installed.

fz1delkscreengps.jpg

Eric, Im gonna do dirty things to that bike when I get there........Oh, did I type that out loud?!?!?!:eek:

:BLAA::BLAA:

Looks good! the new pipe is definitely an improvement. how ya like it so far?

Just put 50 miles on it. I'm shocked how quiet it is! It might be quieter than stock :eek:

I *can* takes baffles out, but I actually like it like this.. just slightly deeper note than stock and infinitely less cannon-looking :D

More impressions.. did few miles on the highway for the first time.. SO relaxing! It's only turning 5k rpm at 80! Oh and rolling on in 6th from 80.. feels a lot like rolling on in 4th on FZ6.. minus the high RPM.. definitely loving that part!

The tall screen.. I dislike it as much as I disliked it on FZ6.. MORE noise! Tucking works well with this thing, but it still doesn't turn the bike into a full-on tourer. May look into super-goofy-tall screen for long trips.

Looks really good with these relatively minor upgrades. Amazing what you can do is just a day to make the bike YOUR bike and not just A bike.

Just put 50 miles on it. I'm shocked how quiet it is! It might be quieter than stock :eek:

I *can* takes baffles out, but I actually like it like this.. just slightly deeper note than stock and infinitely less cannon-looking :D

More impressions.. did few miles on the highway for the first time.. SO relaxing! It's only turning 5k rpm at 80! Oh and rolling on in 6th from 80.. feels a lot like rolling on in 4th on FZ6.. minus the high RPM.. definitely loving that part!

The tall screen.. I dislike it as much as I disliked it on FZ6.. MORE noise! Tucking works well with this thing, but it still doesn't turn the bike into a full-on tourer. May look into super-goofy-tall screen for long trips.

One thing i've learned on my trip so far: if its rainy and/or windy, a screen helps loads.... unfortunately on a versys you get a little sliver of a screen... it works nicely but you have to slide back as far as you can go on the drivers part of the seat and tuck in like your riding a supersport.... which oddly enough turns out to be comfortable on the V lol.... i will definitely be adding a touring screen to my list of things to do though :thumbup:

Did a lot more work on the bike, last night and this morning.

Full touring mode..

1. Installed Givi touring screen
2. Installed USB wire hooked up to switched power.
3. Waterproof GPS case installed.
4. Handlebar swap (Drilled out FZ1 bar to OEM FZ1 bar.. so I can use OEM bar ends).
4. Oury road grips installed.
5. Delkevic exhaust installed.
6. Silverstar bulbs installed.

fz1delkscreengps.jpg

Very sweet, Eric. :thumbup:
The FZ1 is quickly moving it's way up my list of possible trade ups when it's time to get a new bike, partly from posts like yours...:spank::D

Should have mentioned in one of the earlier posts: both Givi rack and the exhaust were infinitely easier to install on FZ1 compared to FZ6.

Should have mentioned in one of the earlier posts: both Givi rack and the exhaust were infinitely easier to install on FZ1 compared to FZ6.

Not only easier but i can imagine that the price of that exhaust was about 50% less then the cheepest 6 exhaust you could buy

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Back