Fuse/Lights/Electrical Question

thelittlet

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys:

So heres the deal;

When my bike is on (not started), none of the lights come on (they should). When I start my bike, the headlight comes on (and the highbeams work), but the rear light, brake light, license plate lights, and front and rear turn signals all DO NOT work. Could this be a fuse problem??

Any help would be much appreciated.

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys:

So heres the deal;

When my bike is on (not started), none of the lights come on (they should). When I start my bike, the headlight comes on (and the highbeams work), but the rear light, brake light, license plate lights, and front and rear turn signals all DO NOT work. Could this be a fuse problem??

Any help would be much appreciated.

The headlight is operating properly. It does not come on until the engine is running. (There is a relay controlled by the ECU.) It does stay on if you stop the engine with the kill switch or kickstand switch, so beware of that. Some people only use their key to stop the engine for that reason.

The rear light, brake light, license plate lights, and front and rear turn signals are all on the same fuse, so that sounds like a very likely culprit.

thelittlet

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys :thumbup:

Just got done puttin on Two Bros. Alum. S/O and it was the FE kit that gave me the most trouble~Everything now works after a new fuse except for one of the plate lights (probably just a burnt bulb?).

Ohhhh the sound............. :rockon::rockon:

Thanks again!