Full Fairing sliders??

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
so i decided to buy the full fairing kit off of ebay i like the way it looks but i had to give up my frame sliders since they are to short anybody here buy some longer ones? i think is looks cool but i gave up my "safety net" incase i drop it

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
This I would like to see, because fairing brackets are right on the way of where frame sliders would go on the late model FZ6s. Did you decide to use the frame slider as one of the fairing brackets?

Yeap correct, with reference to my previous post. from the pictures I have posted there. For the frames sliders to come out of the fairing, I have 2 alternatives:

1) all the mounting points remain, get a no cut frame slider meant for 07-08 R1. It comes with a bracket so the sliders wont be in the way of the mounting points. But viewing that I find that It might be come too messy with the mounting points and the sliders all there.

2) on the left frame use a direct thru frame slider, right side using the 07-08 R1 slider with the bracket which can shift the slider slightly more to the mounting point hole. In this case I need not drill additional holes, I just need to bore the holes bigger for the sliders to go thru.

Once I receive the fairings back, will take photos and post it up. It should give a clearer picture.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kind of old topic but do not quite understand what you did on the clutch side i am not able to mount a frame slider as the bracket directly intercepts the slider.

I am looking at your pictures and trying to understand what you did but all i see is the stock mounting being used with no frame sliders.

am i missing something? any help in figuring out how to do a clean mounting job with OES frame sliders and PB lowers would be much obliged.:squid: