• Visor down all the way.

Votes: 315 74.3%

• Total voters

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you prefer to wear your lid? Visor up or visor down?
I always prefer the visor open, I have tried many lids in the past and I still experience a closed in feeling. So I always ride visor up, the down side is obviously that my eyes start to water at speeds over 30 mph.

Once I get to eye watering speed I close the visor. Do any of you people experience a similar feeling in a full faced helmet?
Has anyone found a way of over coming the enclosed feeling?

Neil

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
My visor saved me today. I was going about 40 in traffic and a rock bounced off the visor... it was small (probably 1-1.5cm in diameter), but it would of hit my eyebrow without the visor.

When I am not around traffic and under 30mph I sometimes have it up (eyes exposed). When I am going over 55mph it is fully shut (I do not like the noise). Between those speeds I always have my eyes covered but the bottom open a little based on temp and fogging issues.

H

HavBlue

Visor down with safety rated glasses underneath. Neil, have you thought about using an MX helmet with goggles? I have run into folks that don't care for the enclosed FF helmet going that route and you won't run into watering eyes either.

denny

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you prefer to wear your lid? Visor up or visor down?

Half way up (or down) :D

I'm using an Arai Tour-X at the moment, it's an MX lid with a visor and it has lots of space inside(around the chin area). An MX helmet is not ideal when going at speeds over 100mph as the peak gets caught by the wind!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Visor down with safety rated glasses underneath. Neil, have you thought about using an MX helmet with goggles? I have run into folks that don't care for the enclosed FF helmet going that route and you won't run into watering eyes either.
Will googles work with my glasses? I also like all the other benfits of the full face, noise reduction ect. Do I just want the best of both worlds?

H

HavBlue

Will googles work with my glasses? I also like all the other benfits of the full face, noise reduction ect. Do I just want the best of both worlds?

I don't know what kind of glasses you have but my grandson wears prescription goggles under his football helmet. They're made special for him.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer to ride visor up but only with the protection of a pair of tinted safety glasses but when the speed goes up the visor goes down. :thumbup:

I have just purchased a dark tinted visor so :rockon: summer time the virsor will be down at all times :D

denny

Reaction score
Visit site

NO & YES

(unless you get the Oakley snowboard goggles which work with glasses)

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
My son raced motocross with glasses under the goggles, the googles are usualy marked with OTG after the model number, i know Scott and a few other manufacturers have them.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride with the visor down all the way, i have gotten some bugs and debris kicked up that would probably have cause me to crash if it hit me in the face. I do however keep it cracked at some points during the summer and fall for fog and airflow, but never more than 1/4 inch opening.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
My Caberg has a huge opening so it never feels enclosed. My eyes water over aboout 20mph but my specs steam up at the merest hint of warmth. I would love to know about prescription goggles if anyone find find anything out

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Caberg has a huge opening so it never feels enclosed. My eyes water over aboout 20mph but my specs steam up at the merest hint of warmth. I would love to know about prescription goggles if anyone find find anything out

I think you can use the same ones that people get to play basketball.

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a new FF helmet,ride with visor down at speed, open when going slow. I hate wearing them,but after a freind went down wearing my Bell FF and I saw the damage to the front of it I know they will offer best protection. My Bell was trashed, but did it's job.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Visor down 100%, unless at a stop light. I have been hit in the face shield with 4 inch long grasshoppers, rocks, and a pigeon! The bird damn near knocked me off the bike!

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
visor down unless stopped. I had it up the other day cruising through a farm town at about 10 mph. Caught a knat right in the right eyeball. I hate it when that happens.....

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a modular helmet, in slow traffic I have the front part cranked open, I generally keep the visor open as long as I can. In winter I close up quicker due to the cold, and in summer I leave the visor open much longer when I'm wearing sunglasses.
I don't feel claustrophobic in a helmet but I just love the fresh air on my face.

anot

Reaction score
Visit site
I always have the visor down or only just cracked since I have had the same experiences as Hellgate and a few others...