front forks

Depends...
Did you like how the stock forks worked for you? With the stock forks you can do stiffer springs and thicker oil. With R6S forks you will have full adjustment of rebound, compression, and preload.

Depends...
Did you like how the stock forks worked for you? With the stock forks you can do stiffer springs and thicker oil. With R6S forks you will have full adjustment of rebound, compression, and preload.

well ive noticed on my friends fz1 and another friends zx10 there forks are upside down compared to an fz6. and that's how the r6s are I believe is there any pros or cons about that. I live in South Dakota idk if you have ever heard of the Sturgis motorcycle rally but im near there I do a lot of riding threw the hills wich has lot of bends and turns. and I cant leave the front tire on the ground =D

Last edited:
well ive noticed on my friends fz1 and another friends zx10 there forks are upside down compared to an fz6. and that's how the r6s are I believe is there any pros or cons about that. I live in South Dakota idk if you have ever heard of the Sturgis motorcycle rally but im near there I do a lot of riding threw the hills wich has lot of bends and turns. and I cant leave the front tire on the ground =D
R6 forks are up side down = USD
R6S forks are Right Side Up

well I went stiffer springs and oil and was both impressed and very happy and it is a LOT less of a job than replacing the forks. just my .02$

Some of us are more picky and want both ends balanced to match each other thus adding the ability to change comp and rebound is essential. Add to that the ability to match our style and ride properly in the environment we use it in (lots of twists for me).

Mine has early R6 forks and re-valved R1 shock. It has been tweaked to near perfection for me and I'm very happy with the performance. The cost was pennies on the dollar to meet my needs and not have an SS back ache!

Back