From stearing head bearings?

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just washed the bike and took a 20min ride. I noticed a "Click" in the front end when stopping at a stop sign. I found a parking-lot and did it a few more times. Like 10 mph and grab the front breaks hard. I saw this when i got home:confused: I elevated the front and could not feel and play in the forks. Looks like rusty grease:eek: Could it be my bearings?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 has been known to have under lubed steering bearings. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a set of Allballs bearing set and lube and install new ones.

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! Lower race was so bad it had "Patina":eek: order allballs:thumbup: it was not to bad, but a pain to get off. Top stearing nut came off with my hand(not the lock nut):eek: Maybe this will fix that highspeed shake that has been haunting me:confused: Last time i had the front wheel off(2 weeks ago i didn't feel any play?) Could the bearings go bad "just like that". I hope ican get her back on the road before next month.:thumbup:

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Upgrading to taper roller bearings is probably the best mod you can do. The OEM setup is cheap and nasty, mine started knocking at 3000 miles. After fitting allballs I couldn't believe the difference.
Not too difficult to change, you bike should be up and running in no time.

FZ6-ZN - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...