First "real" rains for the year

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ground being dry would definitely be why it's on top - plus the drains wouldn't be able to cope with the first heavy downpour.

At least you didn't get a storm like we did in Perth the other week - that was a hell of a way to break the drought! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
are y'all a country that has rainy seasons?

We have a very dry, hot Summer in South Australia, and a reasonably mild winter, with not a huge amount of rain...

Strict water restrictions have been in place for a long time....

Dave, we also hasd a flood out the front of our house this morning....storm water drains just could'nt cope with the volume of water....

Lets hope we get a bit more....

:thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
are y'all a country that has rainy seasons?

The very North of Western Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland have "the wet" season. Roads/communities can be cut off for a couple of months at a time.

Down south, we tend to have a week of rain, a couple of weeks of fine weather, then a bit more rain - winter is pretty mild here, compared to what you guys get.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Our rainy season is just coming to an end and it has been a good one. In December/January we had rain every day for almost 5 weeks which is something I don't remember before. All the dams are full so we should have enough water for the dry winter.

Other parts of the country get rain all year round and Cape Town has wet winters and dry summers but our winter is usually dry and cloudless. The downside of the cloudless weather is the terrestrial radiation at night which can see temperature swings from 18-20C during the day to minus temperatures at night.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick, get a picture of your bike refelcting in the water, Dave! Post it to the Ride Game...

Sorry, that`s the only thing that came to mind :( Hope this rain isn`t a bad thing.:eek:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick, get a picture of your bike refelcting in the water, Dave! Post it to the Ride Game...Sorry, that`s the only thing that came to mind

Bugga... Didn't think of that. It's dried up, but there's still a puddle in the driveway... I'll have a look.

Hope this rain isn`t a bad thing.:eek:

Rain is never a bad thing here, makes riding a bit uncomfortable, but we need it... Been so dry here, our river system is drying out.

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i just went out into my backyard, and my rainwater tank is full, and has toppled over onto the fence....Yikes!

The tank was empty before last night...

That's 500 litres of water off the roof of the house!

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So glad you guys have got some decent rain :thumbup: , i see on the radar that it has gone now though :(........ With our flood waters slowly making their way down there i have my fingers crossed for the Mighty Murray , may she meet the ocean again real soon :thumbup:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's made its way across the Nullabor.

Can hear thunder in the distance and the sky has gone black :eek:

Roll on rain - we need it

Buggar that it ruins riding though :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was watching the news earlier and there is flooding now from Norhtern S.A. across to Western NSW. Apparently the tourist department is urging folks to get up to some of the more accessible places as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the outback in bloom. Saw some aerial photos, and it's pretty much an inland sea:cheer:.