Fan on 08 FZ6N

peter caden

Reaction score
Visit site
Tks looks great will have a look one more question i am 6'2 and you have rises and set back where can i get them as i am having trouble with mine dont like learing forward , love that exaust 2 into 1 or double.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tks looks great will have a look one more question i am 6'2 and you have rises and set back where can i get them as i am having trouble with mine dont like learing forward , love that exaust 2 into 1 or double.

These are the Genmar risers / set backs I currently have (1", 1 & 3/8" back):

Universal Risers : Universal Risers, 7/8" tube type handlebars

I did re-paint them to match other parts with Rustoleum silver metallic which is super close to the triple clamp. That GPS mounting bracket across the top is now gone, made a different set up. The last picture (on the right) is the latest set up with the GPS mounted on an adjustable mount. The GPS tucks in nice and neat in that area.
They do have just 1" up (which I bought, tried and wasn't quite enough for me).

I have seen some on the forum a little bit cheaper but the machining looked superb so you might do a search..

All the cables, wires, etc will reach with my risers although the ft brake line was taught. I think (its been awile) I modded the lower rubber line mount (on the lower triple) and slightly re-clocked where the line attaches to the master cylinder. I later got HEL SS lines sligtly longer.

The only other thing worth noting is IF you have to raise the tank, it WILL hit the bars so you have to remove the rear tank bolt, slide the tank back about an inch, lift, re-install the rear bolt and block the tank up as usual. It does keep you from having to remove the inner farings so it kinda works out.

Re the exhaust, ther open SS Scorpions, lifetime warranty, NO re-packing EVER and I love the sound. If you ride in the high RPM range often (sounds like a go fast liter bike), you may want the DB killers. I rarely "open it up fully" so its not an issue for me. They are two separate cans with a "Y" pipe.

Hope that helps Pete...

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
These are some of my mods. Your screen is a lot bigger will it fit the N?
Thanks Peter.

Which screen, the GPS?

My GPS is set below the gauges (I can see ALL my factory gauges while seated) so it wouldn't matter if it was naked or not. If you have the risers, there's a bunch more room in the middle to play with.

With much longer bolts, you can use the original, Yamaha top hold down clamp. The riser bolts are recessed and would be too short of you used the Yamaha top handlebar clamp...

Last edited: