EPS Called Today

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got the job. 1/141 Infantry Battalion, 36ID. To be honest I'm mixed. I'm thrilled to have been selected however this will be massive hours after work, two weekends a month and a trip back to the sandbox.

I still have to board at the NGB level, Pentagon, but that should go okay.

The battalion has a very impressive lineage too; fought in WW1. In WW2 landed in Africa, landed on Salerno, first Allies to land in Europe.

The lineage traces back to the Texas Revolution to the militia unit A Co "First Texas" of 1836 and still carries the motto of "Remember the Alamo!"

The battalion was in Iraq in '05.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Pete! That, outside of the hours and the return to the sandbox, is awesome! I know this level of a military career doesn't come easily and it means you've done your job to the highest level and are being rewarded for doing above and beyond. Not many enlisted ever get this opportunity!

Hats off, well done and I salute you Top!

W

wrightme43

Congratulations and THANKS!!!!!!

I have no way to express my gratitude for what you and all your peers do. I cant imagine how hard it will be, but I know you will do well. Congratulations man.

You know if you want something done right, you ask someone who is busy anyway. LOL
Tell your guys I and I am sure others think of them everyday, and know that my uneventful trip to the grocery is because of the sacrifices they make for us.

I am very happy for you man.

Also you are in a even better position to speak, and share about the joys and responsibilities of riding to your guys. I have been wondering when you would find out.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that is true, no excess posting. The Guard is a little bit different. 1) Must be EPS selected: ie: rank ordered by MOS, Infantry, Armor, etc. 2) A CSM vacancy must be advertised in the State, 3) Only top three on the EPS list (TPL - Training Priority List) are notified of the vacancy, 3) Must accept the invitation, 4) Submit a Promotion Board Package (DOD Photo, Passing Physical Fitness Test within the last 30 days, personnel files, NCOERS (annual reviews), 5) Appear before the board and respond to about 30 situational based questions, none of which you can study for, eg: "You are an Infantry Sergeant Major in Iraq. A plattoon sergeant stops by your office and says he must leave now on mission and he has a Solider with him who he says has been talking about suicide." What do you do? 6) Agree to be deployed, 7) Be selected by the Board, 8) Be approved by the State General and Command Sergeant Major, 9) Submit packet and be approved by NGB

Whew....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[font=\"arial black\"][size=\"7\"][color=\"olive\"]Congrats Sergent Major!

Woot!!![/color][/size][/font]

May the enemy look this good!

610x.jpg

If this is the enemy, can I join the Army again? :steve: