EPS Called Today

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Enlisted Promotion System folks called today to tell me that I'm a candidate for Command Sergeant Major (CSM)! Woo! Hoo! This position is with a Light Infantry Battalion.

I've got 6 weeks to get my packet and Class A uniform together.

One small draw back however...back to the sandbox a year from now. It is what it is...

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
The Enlisted Promotion System folks called today to tell me that I'm a candidate for Command Sergeant Major (CSM)! Woo! Hoo! This position is with a Light Infantry Battalion.

One small draw back however...back to the sandbox a year from now. It is what it is...

Congratulations!

W

wrightme43

COMMAND SERGEANT MAJOR AND SERGEANT MAJOR, U.S. ARMY
csm.gif
sgm.gif

redstar.gif
redstar.gif
redstar.gif
redstar.gif
redstar.gif
Enlisted soldiers who attain the distinction of being selected by the Department of the Army for participation in the command sergeants major program are the epitome of success in their chosen field, in this profession of arms. There is no higher grade of rank, except Sergeant Major of the Army, for enlisted soldiers and there is no greater honor.
The command sergeant major carries out policies and standards of the performance, training, appearance, and conduct of enlisted personnel. The command sergeant major advises and initiates recommendations to the commander and staff in matters pertaining to the local NCO support channel.
Perhaps slightly wiser and more experienced than the first sergeant, the command sergeant major is expected to function completely without supervision. Like the old sage of times past, the command sergeant major’s counsel is expected to be calm, settled and unequivocally accurate, but with an energy and enthusiasm that never wanes, even in the worst of times.
Assignable to any billet in the Army, the command sergeant major is all those things, and more, of each of the preceding grades of rank.
The sergeant major is generally the key enlisted member of staff elements at levels higher than battalion. The sergeant major’s experience and ability are equal to that of the command sergeant major, but the sphere of influence regarding leadership is generally limited to those directly under his charge.

Information courtesy of U.S. Army
U.S. Military

Rock on Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you. You are a good man, and will do a good job.
Steve​

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you very much everyone, but lets not get the cart be for the horse. I'm a candidate, I need to appear before a selection board, answers a million questions and then the selection board will make the decision.

Thanks again for the congatulations! :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the election Pete! And good luck on the board review! I wish you all the best and hope you are THE candidate! What an honor!!!

Thank you for protecting my freedom!

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
CSM that's an elite group, good luck! I have a friend in FL retired CSM awesome guy, retired after being in Pentagon on 9/11, at least he survived to retire! Where would you be stationed if all goes well?

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Good Luck with the interview! Tell them you ride a FZ6, youll get it for sure!

BTW, you might be able to buy a FZ6 strictly for track days with a raise????? That would be the awesome.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the selection Pete :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Good luck with the testing but I'm sure you'll waltz it :thumbup: