engine running hot!

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
after installing my 2bros yesterday, my engine has been running really hot. someone suggested that the fuel mixture may be running too lean, but after searching the forum, it sounds like that shouldn't be a problem. what could be causing this?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you try unplugging the battery for a few hours? That will reset the ECU and will help the bike to run as well as it can without a power commander.

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i should have elaborated on what "really hot" is. while the bike is moving, it's running around 195, and at a stop, it's hitting 215. it never used to go above 205, even in the middle of the day during summer.
i have not tried unplugging the battery, but it's a good idea. i'll go do that. i'll also check the fan.

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
I would second taking a look at the fan and making sure it is running ( and checking first and see if a rock isn't lodged in )

It might have just been a bad coincidence that it happened near / around when you put in the exhaust, but just check real quick because if it is a rock, it might not be too late before it burns out your fan motor in a death star-like fashion.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Check your fan, but 215 is normal temp (I think the fan actually kicks in around that temp). Keep riding, no worries..