Eastern Creek gearing

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone here ridden it on the FZ? -1 front is too low I'm sure, wondering if you'd simply return to stock, or go even higher?

Does the bike accept a 17t front?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone here ridden it on the FZ? -1 front is too low I'm sure, wondering if you'd simply return to stock, or go even higher?

Does the bike accept a 17t front?

My FZ6 Cup bike came from Yamaha Australia, and was set up for the last race meeting it was ridden at, which was Eastern Creek...gearing was 14/46, so -2 on the front, standard at the back.

:thumbup:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you'd run out of steam down the straight with a lower than stock gearing. In that case I'll leave my -1 and take a few spares to see what works. Cheers.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you'd run out of steam down the straight with a lower than stock gearing. In that case I'll leave my -1 and take a few spares to see what works. Cheers.

With -2 on the front, power commander, custom map, GYTR exhaust, my FZ6 was getting to 220-230km/h around the back of Mallala, before i had to hit the picks for the hairpin....

There was still a little more there, and reckon that 240ish was there to be had, if i was good enough! (was nowhere near so!) so i reckon you could use that as a guide...

Oh, that was also with race fairing, and clip-ons, so i could hide most of my fatness as well...

:thumbup: