Visit site
Went to the strip friday night for four runs. My first time ever at a strip

run 1 2 3 4

r/t .513 .645 .603 .632

60' 2.003 1.918 1.931 1.911

1/8 7.847 7.545 7.512 7.662

1/4 12.074 11.718 11.657 11.862

mph 114.90 116.02 116.90 114.93

My first run I did a "nice" wheelie. Wasnt high, but i rode it out and kept on the gas. The strip was super duper sticky. I didnt do any burnouts. Cant wait to do it again!

Track day went good. Didnt crash, thats all that matters. Rode the bike there. I took off the signals plates, etc at the track and put em on to ride it home. I was in the Intermediate group once again. Started out at a good pace and as the day went on I wasnt being passed sep by the experts in the class. I did almost run over a guy who was laying in the track after a crash. He broke his wrist and ankle. I was coming outa the first turn and was passing a guy on the outside and was about 15 feet from him but it seemed like inches.

I did have a couple close calls accelerating out of turns with my rear tire sliding pretty bad. One time it tossed my butt off the seat.

I met with elizabeth. She did the Test the Track for two sessions. She did pretty good, ill let her tell you her 'surprise" I was impressed with her for being new to riding and staying in her limits.

Pics to come when stiebel photography gets em downloaded to their site

The first race was vs a katata 600, then duc 955, then cbr100, then gsxr 1000

I beat the katana 600 and the gsxr1000

I had the duc and cbr both beat at 1000' but lost due to them having about 600 more hp.... give or take

I really need to get out there again. its kind of addicting

Last edited:
I do not have much experience on the strip,(cause I am a noobie :squid:) but I ran a 12.4, 12.7 and a 12.6 with decent reaction times. Currently, I have a stock 2007 fz6 with no performance mods. Is this normal? :confused: Any suggestion / tips for running faster? I pulled a slight wheelie from 1st to 2nd but couldn't seem to to get faster...I'm thinking its an experience issue...
Thanks for the info.

I do not have much experience on the strip,(cause I am a noobie :squid:) but I ran a 12.4, 12.7 and a 12.6 with decent reaction times. Currently, I have a stock 2007 fz6 with no performance mods. Is this normal? :confused: Any suggestion / tips for running faster? I pulled a slight wheelie from 1st to 2nd but couldn't seem to to get faster...I'm thinking its an experience issue...
Thanks for the info.

Those times are very respectable. I got "good" at slipping out the clutch off starts just from doing it everytime im at a stop sign. Out on country highways you have miles of straight roads and can see forever with minimal traffic. When I say everytime i mean everytime i come to a stop its all out through at least 2 gears. my tires love me

Oh ya -1 counter sprocket is the bomb

Back