Do you think tattoos on women are attractive?

Do you think tattoos on women are attractive?

• Total voters
I have friends who have them and and are not happy with them and do everything to cover them up, I also have friends that have them and are proud of them. I personally don't care for them. When I see a woman with one, maybe I am just old school, my first thought that I get is that she is easy. Those thoughts have nothing to do with reality, but you now how the male imagination works. First impressions are so important in this world, although it is unfair to judge people without knowing them, it happens and will continue to happen.

So i guess what I am saying is, make sure your ready for it and don't be upset if some people prejudge you.

I also voted on "Depends where it is", those tatoo's in the small of the backwith a short shirt and tiny shorts, well there goes the fantasies again!

Get the point.

Last edited:
I say it depends on where it is. My current g/f got 2 when she turned eighteen (she's 23 now). One on the instep of her foot and one on the small of her back (the infamous tramp stamp). She regrets the one on the small of her back, and I really had to get used to looking at it, we werent together when she had it done or I never would have gone along with it. I wonder if all the people that got tramp stamps back when it was uber-trendy regret it now that its five years later??

The one on her foot is smaller and just looks more tastefully done and doesnt bother me in the least.

I do have to say, do what you want to do. Life's too short to worry about what other people think. :rockon:

It depends if its just some random chick, or someone that you care about.

Does this mean you would care any less about them because they had a tattoo?

J, tattoos can be sexy and there is no doubt the owner of that tatoo is trying to make a statement about themselves. To me, for someone to say "I'm not allowed to have one" is a bit scary as this tells me the individual making the statement is in a relationship with restrictive expressions. My sister once told her oldest daughter she couldn't have a tattoo. She was 18 at the time and earning her own money but living at home. The tattoo she wanted was a red rose just below her waist band (front). So, being the great uncle that I am I took her down to a few tattoo parlors to talk with the artists and 2 weeks later she had her tattoo which she paid for herself. Oh did the chit hit the fan when my sister found out but the kid did good never telling that it was I that helped her. To me it's all about you and your own desires. While I don't think tattoos are for me, I would never hold a loved one back from getting one. I would however suggest they put a lot of thought into it as this is forever....

Yes and no. I've seen some terrible art on men and women and it just makes them look, well...not too bright.

On the other hand I have seen women with full sleeves that are STUNNING! The art work is amazing, and they are beautiful too boot.

So I think it depends on what you get, where you place it and who does the work.

Not doing any one of those thing correctly can blow the whole thing.

My husband and I both have them. He has 4 beautiful tattoos (one for 9-11, one for Airborne, Batman (lol) and a cross with our names) Mine is on my lower back (very low) so really the only one who sees it is my husband... It isn't huge it is over 10 years old. It was on one of our first dates, we went to Newport for Tattoos, then to a hockey game.. I do kind of regret it, but we both were in on the decision and no one sees it unless I want them to. I don't expect to be wearing bikinis when I am 50 or above.. or probably not even wwhen I am 40.. well in any case, make your decision carefully

Good Luck;)

It's funny...when I mention to people I have my own bike they automatically assume you have tattoos to go along with it! I then explain that I ride a sport bike...not a cruiser.
Anyway...tattoos are ok, descretely, but they are not for me.

VERY, VERY attractive! My wife has tatoos on her arms and back, i cant wait till she gets more.

This also goes without saying that i have a bunch of tattoos also. They are more in fashion now than ever.........get inked!

j, the two things i will say is quality and commitment.

1.quality- look at others tat's and see bad and good the only tat i regret is one of poor quality which i will get re-done some day.

2.commitment- whatever you get you must love for the rest of your life. taking them off is expensive and painful from what i have heard.

okok i said only two things but here is three... dont pick some random image off the wall. go in there with a design in mind (scorpion) and have the artist draw you up a custom piece. then you will never see anyone else with your same "generic" tatoo. or take one off the wall and add you own personal touches to it. (to make it yours)

Everyone in these parts calls that one just above the whaletail "Open for Business" :D Had to throw that in the mix.... ;)

OK here is freaky, my wife and I have identical tatt's. Years before we met, we both had them done in non visible areas (in clothes).
Personally it’s very unique to us and gives us a fate like bond (romance).
If Avril came home with a snake up her arm and an anchor on her back I would still love her. I am not the slim trim (when I was younger) man she first met and she still loves me. Conversely I don’t just love her because of her skin.
Equality, diversity nuff said.

Nelly:thumbup:

I have 2 tatts, both are on my upper biceps, they are the names of my 2 oldest daughters with a tribel design going all the way around my arm. Nobody can see them, if I don't want them too, but I can see them whenever I want to. The only problem is, daughter #3. I ran out of biceps. She is now 4yrs old, and we can't figure out where to put her name. I think, as long as you like it, that is all that matters.

I have 2 tatts, both are on my upper biceps, they are the names of my 2 oldest daughters with a tribel design going all the way around my arm. Nobody can see them, if I don't want them too, but I can see them whenever I want to. The only problem is, daughter #3. I ran out of biceps. She is now 4yrs old, and we can't figure out where to put her name. I think, as long as you like it, that is all that matters.

How about above the shoulder blades, middle of the back? :rockon:

eh, if they have one that isn't repulsive then i don;t mind, but i don't seek them out.

Keira is beautiful and she has none...

did you read that one hunny?:Sport:

I have no pierced anything, I have no tatoos. I have no problem with anybody who does. My wife wants a rose above her most private parts, and a butterfly on the tail bone. aye aye aye. All i can say is yes dear and support her. Just my thought, so dont flame me for it. I am old fashioned, and I think after I die I need to account to my maker. And a bunch of tatoos, and earrings, man is he gonna be pissed at me? I got enough to atone for as it is.

How about above the shoulder blades, middle of the back? :rockon:

Thanks, but I would like to be able to see it, without having to look in a mirror. I might have to just go up higher on my arm, on the outside of the shoulder. I'm just waiting for the day that she asks why her name is not there.

Heck they are attractive on women....and what is more attractive is a woman that is confident enough to show em off....the hidden ones are cool and mysterious also.... but i dont understand the "he wont let me" part.... were you referring to your dad...no... i didnt think so... Its your life....live it..

Thanks, but I would like to be able to see it, without having to look in a mirror. I might have to just go up higher on my arm, on the outside of the shoulder. I'm just waiting for the day that she asks why her name is not there.

I guess I'd go with a "badge" on the deltoid then. Of course, then the other two will ask why her's is different and why she's special?!? :D

Get it done now before she realizes. :thumbup:

I guess I'd go with a "badge" on the deltoid then. Of course, then the other two will ask why her's is different and why she's special?!? :D

Get it done now before she realizes. :thumbup:

Thanks for your input. I been waiting for something to just hit me, and just know "that's the one I want", but it hasn't happened yet. I will just have to go and check some ideas out, soon.

Back