Do you ride a Ducati?

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was 17 I was given a very used Miata. At times ladies would be impressed with what they thought was a Porch. I always offered them a ride.

Next time she says you ride a $$:&(... You say yes and throw her a helmet.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Kenny but...You deserve every buck spent on that, the way you use a bike! The Multistrada correct? :BLAA:
Multi GT, I'm sure

634841726250883636Multistrada1200S_Granturismo.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, Erci nailed it. MS GT version. Waiting to see what kind of color options are available for this bike in 2014 vs 2013. Currently only availalbe in the Titanium color for the GT model. It's a beast, went to the Ducati Dealership back in May in Portland and sat on the bike. My FZ6 felt like a mini bike after that.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I must say I love the look of the Monster but from everything I've heard there is a lot of maintenance involved in owning a Ducati.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must say I love the look of the Monster but from everything I've heard there is a lot of maintenance involved in owning a Ducati.

I dunno. I kinda think it looks like a Transformer caught in mid-change. But then again, I love those Transformers! Wonder what Vegas' range will be on that...

Don't be too harsh on us girls. Most of us didn't grow up with much motorcycle education. If a girl is asking you about your bike it's probably because she wants to talk to you and thinks you're cool. ;) As to whether she thinks it's a HD or Ducati tells you who her "family" is.

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
...If a girl is asking you about your bike it's probably because she wants to talk to you...

Completely agree. She just wants to start talking to you and doesn't know what to say. The only thing she knows about motorcycles is that there is a DUCATI and probably this bike is cool. That's why she mentions Ducati.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mainly the water-cooled DUCs have the majority of the problems, the air and oil cooled bikes a bit better, but still not as reliable as rice.

I think the modern L-engines have a 15k mile valve clearance adjustment interval, and from what I've heard from the guy at the Cycle Gear shop, it ain't cheap to have done. I guess they're probably up to some other maintanence while they're in there.

So what do you like the Multi for, Vegasrider? Is it kinda like a supermotard touring bike or what? They've always looked like great bikes.

Edit: Damn it, I watched the video now I want one.

http://www.ducatiusa.com/media_gallery/multistrada_1200_s_touring_2013/500502/index.do

Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the modern L-engines have a 15k mile valve clearance adjustment interval, and from what I've heard from the guy at the Cycle Gear shop, it ain't cheap to have done. I guess they're probably up to some other maintanence while they're in there.

So what do you like the Multi for, Vegasrider? Is it kinda like a supermotard touring bike or what? They've always looked like great bikes.

Edit: Damn it, I watched the video now I want one.

Multistrada 1200 S Touring 2013 - Ducati

its one of the best do it all bikes, slightly less ADV than a BMW GS, but a whole lot more on paved surfaces.