Do you regret your purchase?

Do you Regret your Fz6 purchase at all?

• No, I love my Fz6 and wouldn't trade it for anything!!

Votes: 154 86.0%
  • Yes, i wish i had gotten a different bike.

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Yes, I want the R6 instead!!!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I dont own a Fz6

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
After totaling my '08 FZ6 and getting back more than what I paid for I had the unique opportunity to get a different bike after a "two week" test ride. After all my research the first time I went with the Yamaha and this time again did so. I'm happy so far and looking forward to breaking it in.
Dani

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: R6 - I've had an R6. The FZ6 is far better for anything but the racetrack (and if Yamaha brings the FZ6 cup and the turnkey bikes over here, I won't even say that!). Much more comfortable, nice and smooth, hard luggage.

Heck, I've had as a daily rider/tourer/errandmobile:
-SV650S
-SV650
-GS500
-GS500F
-GSX-R600
-R6
-Moto Guzzi Breva
-F650GS
-F650 Funduro
-R1200S
-F800ST
-Ducati SS800
And one regretted cruiser.

My FZ6 just does what I need better than anything else I've had.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I was doing the motorcycle sampler platter for a while. :D I've settled down a bit (I only have four and a half bikes at the moment).

Hahaha!

I do not have an FZ, and for the moment, I am perfectly content that way. The hubby's FZ is great for 2up riding, but my SV is a pretty good fit for me. I think when am ready to upgrade, though, I might look into the FZ. But don't tell Rob ;)

firsttimefz

Reaction score
Visit site
i've had these same thoughts, should i have opted for an r6/gixxer or something like that, then i hit 237 on the way home yesterday and i really couldn't remember why i thought that my bike wasnt' fast enough

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Um, dude.... The Greeks held the first Olympics.

The Romans (Italy) invented hot tubs though, so I still give them mad props.

And I sure like my FZ6...

Too bad I left out the part where the Romans [Italy] kicked Athens [Greece] in the ass.

[[Austria was Hungary. Went to get Turkey. Slipped on Greece and broke China.]]

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just looking to see what some other Fz6 owners think. I have had my Fz6 for 6 months now, I love the bike. But i find myself everytime i see a Yamaha R6, wishing i had got a R6 instead of the FZ6. Does anyone else feel the same way?

:Im With Stupid:
Don't take this personally but that is a lame question. Why would you want to regret anything. Be a man and stand by your decision. If you really want an R6 just because you see someone else owning one, trade in your FZ6 and get an R6! It is as simple as that. Instad of regretting anything focus on the present and the future. What is the point of this poll to stroke your ego or persuade you to buy an R6?
Randy_Savage_-_Be_A_Man.jpg

Last edited:

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont regret buying the FZ6, it's great to learn on and comfortable. But I do want another bike either an R6 or 600RR, because I want a more aggressive ride. I'll keep the FZ6 for commuting

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about six weeks with my '07 fz6. For a while I was regretting the purchase. The vibration up to 6k rpm really bothered me. Not flatfooting it bothered me. The dirty wind in my face bothered me. Not having a lot of overhead wattage bothered me.

Some of those things still bother me, but I've warmed to the bike. I decided I need to stick with it, at least for a season, to learn what I can from it. I tend to take a while to acclimate to new things, so this scenario fits. It is, after all, an awesome bike, especially considering the reasonable price tag.

Last week I took out my baby ninja for the first time since fizzee hit the road. As much as I love the ninja, I instantly knew that I didn't want to go back. I now have an ad on Craigslist for it.

p.

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
My only regret is that they don't make a fully faired version. :Sport: This is a first bike for me, and i'm 6'5" and 220, so not a lot to choose from with the right combination of size, power and riding characteristics. SV650, Ninja 650 (fully faired, but felt like sitting on a toy compared to FZ6 because of my size) and the FZ. Even so, I have no regrets. For me, plenty of power and ridability. Great for both commuting and weekend twisties. If/when the after marketers come out with fairings, then I will have the perfect bike! (If not there may be a VFR800 in my future.)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Kawasaki is a calm guy with busy hands. He spends a great deal of time building other engines, which gives him less time to 'fine tune' the bikes. They're still very good, but they evolve slowly. I think Kawasaki will live to a ripe old age. He's more calm than Honda.

Ducati is an olympic girl. She is the most competitive of them all, like Ferrari. She's been ridden by a very young man, who won the MOTOGP of 2007. Currently, he's 4th in the 2008. I have strong hopes for Ducati. Italy invented the Olympics afterall. Italy invented Ducati.

Yamaha started out making musical instruments. Whenever I ride a Yamaha, I feel like I'm playing a musical instrument. 5 athletes won gold medals by using Yamaha archery equipment. He used to make exceptional bow and arrows, but the olympics cried when Yamaha stopped production in 2002.

Claud says: Yamaha is the perfect unity of Archaic Authority.

When it comes to Yamaha, you're paying for the precision. Sure, Yamaha uses expensive materials for their design, but they ultimately charge you for their accuracy. I'll never have regrets with any Yamaha product. It's money well spent.
A nice analogy especially about Kwaks, didn't Greece invent the Olympics?

Last edited:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
I do like my bike. There are some things that bother me. High pitch vibrations that make my hand go numb is the most annoying! Sometimes i worry my hand will go so numb after a long ride i won't be able to grip the brake!

I have had a chance to take my buddies Fz1 out. This is the only bike I would trade my Fz6 for, and I will probably do it soon.

Cheers!