Do you miss this on your bike and have you ever had one...

Kick start bike

• Total voters

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
All my years growing up I had a bike with a kick start and no ignition switch button start. I always wanted the luxury(yes the luxury) of a button start bike. Now that I have own one I kinda miss that good ole kick start.
My Fav was the RD350 The ROyal Enfiels had a nasty back kick if u did nit do it right.

I am curious how many of you have owned and used a kick start bike and how do you feel about owning a kick start bike?

So lets make this a poll question.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Look for the Royal Enfield famous kickback in this video :D Aptly titled 'The Art of the start' It was really an art to start the Enfield on a cold morning or a rainy day lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UdP0K2dm5k]YouTube - Royal Enfield Bullet - The Art of the Start[/ame]

Last edited:

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Lmao found this on You tube its funny :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QzBLkm1uw]YouTube - best kickstarting clips part2[/ame]

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's kinda fun to do. My XR50 was a one kick starter, tried my buddies CRF 450 and it took me a few tries. I recently picked up a 77 Goldwing and it has the ability to kick start but I don't have the lever. :(

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't miss that "technology" at all. It was fine for my RD and RZ but on thumpers and twins is plain sucked.

Bruce McCrary

RDY2GO!
Reaction score
rdytogo.blogspot.com
Never, ever again will I own a 4 stroke with-out a happy button and fuel injection. Nope. Not going to happen. I've spent waaaaay too much time trying to re-fire one of the beasts out in the woods after a fall or just a flame out. In fact, I'm jonesin' now for a new KTM 300 XCW 2 stroke with e-start!

How's that for the epitome of laziness????? ;)

Bruce

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been there, done that. Give me the lazy button and a good strong battery any day!

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad's old hot rod sportster is a kick start, though he fitted an electric start to it after his knees went out.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Suzuki 50 was the only bike I had with a kick start, as you can imagine starting a 50cc 2 stroke was easy.

Kick started some others though, my brother in law's XT 500, a YZ465 and various other off road bikes. The XT had a nasty kickback if you touched the throttle while starting it.

You do know what KTM stands for? Kick Ten Minutes :)

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
My bikes built in the past 20 years or so were electric start only. All the others were kick or kick/electric. Toughest one I ever had to start was my BSA 441 Victor. It was a thumper that would hurt you in a heartbeat when trying to start it.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish my Honda (lawn mower) had a kick start, instead of a pull cord... :rolleyes:

Saw a running Matag lawnmower built in the 30's, it had a kick starter on the 2 cycle motor.

My 87 XT350 has a kick starter, sucks compared to the button.

Sometimes the good ole days were not that good.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: