Do any FZ6 owners also own a cruiser?

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
i recently got a 98 1200 sportster, its a good bike and fun in a different way. of course the fz has more hp, better brakes, suspension, handling lol. the sportster is bare bones with only a speedo, but i like the torque though i wouldnt get a cruiser any smaller in displacement. my 1st bike was a 750 vulcan which has mre hp then some bigger cruisers. i loved the bike, but i love the fz more

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
You know...I don't think I could bring myself to the point where I would buy a pair of HD underwear, never mind one of their couches on wheels ( I cant even call them MC's ) :shakehead:

i own one, but im no yuppy... i actually ride and i dont wear harley all day everyday

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i have recently gotten the itch for a smaller touring type bike like the fjr1300

how can you call the fjr a smaller touring bike?:D

compared to the goldwings and HD electraglide touring models, its a bit smaller

i will say tho, it was odd having a goldwing follow me rather sportingly on a twisty river road and see an older couple with a huge smile when they pulled up next tome at the stop light. that big ol' bike was leaning heavy!

Last edited:

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
My other bike is a 99 Yamaha Venture. Cruiser styling but made for the highway. Infinitely more comfortable for the long road.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd definitely try and get a 2-up test ride before you buy anything. Like I said in my previous post, my fiancee found my dad's V-Star more UNcomfortable 2-up than my Kawasaki 600.

Like many of you I couldn't only have a 750 lb beast of a bike that is no fun in the curves!
As far as this, see this video. This guy used to be active a lot on SBN, yellow wolf
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDVJFDblQ2A]deals gap on a goldwing gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail - YouTube[/ame]

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
compared to the goldwings and HD electraglide touring models, its a bit smaller

i will say tho, it was odd having a goldwing follow me rather sportingly on a twisty river road and see an older couple with a huge smile when they pulled up next tome at the stop light. that big ol' bike was leaning heavy!

It's amazing how well a goldwing can keep up in the curves if it isn't the typical yuppie behind the bars, been pretty impressed with them. also HD's aren't too bad if the rider has a little skill and courage, dad used to keep up with me when I was riding at 6-7/10 in the hills but he was a fire hazard from the sparks coming off the boards on it. :rockon:

Of course now that he has a can-am spyder RT he doesn't drag metal, those things actually handle pretty well but they actually pull G's in corners, very much like a quad or snowmobile, not very bike like imo. After riding it though I can see why him and mom love them, huuuuuge light profile (more lights than my cage) all the GW style luxuries, very comfy and thanks to the aprilia futura motor, they can actually get up to speed pretty effortlessly. Still no sportbike though I find myself pulling over for a bit a couple of times whenever we go on family rides.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd definitely try and get a 2-up test ride before you buy anything. Like I said in my previous post, my fiancee found my dad's V-Star more UNcomfortable 2-up than my Kawasaki 600.

As far as this, see this video. This guy used to be active a lot on SBN, yellow wolf
deals gap on a goldwing gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail - YouTube

Victory does free demo days and their new models haven't changed dimension-ally much from the 2007 models I'd be looking to buy.

And for the few of you who believe that a cruiser means you have to tattoo your arms and ride with a tank top and bandana, no.

This is more what my cruiser full dress will resemble:

V-Kingpin-sideroad.sflb.ashx

Last edited:

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
Victory does free demo days and their new models haven't changed dimension-ally much from the 2007 models I'd be looking to buy.

And for the few of you who believe that a cruiser means you have to tattoo your arms and ride with a tank top and bandana, no.

This is more what my cruiser full dress will resemble:

V-Kingpin-sideroad.sflb.ashx

i agree, whoever thinks you have to do that to own a harley or a cruiser is a yuppy themselves!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Well,

I found a steal on a 2007 Victory Kingpin Touring model this week and pulled the trigger!
This one has 19,000 miles, Valued at around $10,000 blue book and paid $6,800. These Victory bikes go an easy 100,000 miles without ever needing to open up the engine, no valve adjustments needed. My Uncle has a 2001 Victory V92C with 102,000 miles on it, never had any engine work needed. The engine is 1635CC and these bikes still get 45 mpg, about the same as the FZ6 which is phenomenal to me. I guess that's what you get when you only have to turn the motor at 2500 rpms @ 70 mph in top gear.

KPsilver2.jpg

No regrets, what a beast and after 2.5 hours in the saddle on the way home I physically felt like I had just watched a movie from my leather easy chair. It's amazing how much less wind noise you get with a full windscreen like this, I was able to leave my face shield open the entire time. Time for a weekend camping trip! :rockon:

Last edited: