Discriminated against at Maccas for riding a bike

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait....so if I take my unicycle to McDonalds they wont serve me?????

This is an outrage. Can anyone offer me legal advice on how best to proceed here? I will be drafting a very strongly worded letter in the meantime.

This is an outrage.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait....so if I take my unicycle to McDonalds they wont serve me?????

This is an outrage. Can anyone offer me legal advice on how best to proceed here? I will be drafting a very strongly worded letter in the meantime.

This is an outrage.

I want video of you going thruogh the drive thru at Macca's on your Unicycle!

:rockon::D:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride through KFC fairly often on my way home of a Satdee arvo and have always been served , had a few odd looks but still have no worries.....

I go thru the Macca's drive thru all the time...occasionally they dont realise i am there...so i just drive up to the next window...and demand they feed me!

:D

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I flipped burgers at McD's for three years, while in high school and first year of college. The managers back then demanded more respect for the customers. These days it's a different story. Listening to your experience in Australia, I guess the trends today are not just in the USA. More like a ubiquitous lack of pride in performance at the work place. Sorry for your experience. Writing an email was a good idea.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so is macca's what y'all call McDonalds?

Sure is....just another instance of Aussie's not being able to say anything, without the use of slang, via shortening of a name in this case...and anyway, evderything sounds better with a a on the end....shazza, kazza, bazza, macca, etc!

:thumbup:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I flipped burgers at McD's for three years, while in high school and first year of college. The managers back then demanded more respect for the customers. These days it's a different story. Listening to your experience in Australia, I guess the trends today are not just in the USA. More like a ubiquitous lack of pride in performance at the work place. Sorry for your experience. Writing an email was a good idea.

Tell me about it, starting to see it everywhere, even in the kind of shops where good service and a polite manner should be mandatory for employment. Whats the world coming too!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure is....just another instance of Aussie's not being able to say anything, without the use of slang, via shortening of a name in this case...and anyway, evderything sounds better with a a on the end....shazza, kazza, bazza, macca, etc!

:thumbup:

ah for gods sake :spank: I thought we were talking about a place called maccas...now i get why people were comparing it to McD in the USA!!! :rockon:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell me about it, starting to see it everywhere, even in the kind of shops where good service and a polite manner should be mandatory for employment. Whats the world coming too!

I'm glad its not just a problem found here in Ireland. Strangely enough, people in dublin are rude as hell (depending on what kind of money you're spending!) but in Belfast they are pretty much nice all the time....and both are only 90 miles apart!!!

But in saying that, McD in Belfast has the slowest minded people serving you...had to ask a guy maybe 3 times over what burger I wanted...you'd swear he couldn't just turn around and look at the picture you were pointing out to him. Ignorant prat.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Maccas seems to attract that kind Scorphonic :(

Latest update:
No reply from McDonalds from the complaint submitted.
Contacted Fair Trading, apparently they can't help, but suggested I try the Anti-Discrimination Board. To be honest though I wonder if they are just too scared to weigh in.