did I efff this up?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to remove my rear tire because of a screw. I took it off and had the tire replaced (they gouged my rim in the process :mad: ) After i got it all back together it looks to me like the rear caliper isn't on correctly, so i was wanting some one to post a pic of the swingarm/caliper/bracket/line/etc close up to see if I boogered this up. The pads seem to be lined up with the rotor but my brake line seems stretched tight. I dissassembled it all over again and put it back together and it seems the same way still. I don't currently have the capability to post pics but if I can I will. thanks in advance!

P.S. I dont know if this will make sence but here goes: The caliper bracket seems to rest on a little "nub" on the swing arm and mine doesn't touch it. It would seem to me that as soon as i hit the rear brake it would pivot (on the axle) down to the "nub" and put itself back into place but it does not. Am I crazy or is the brake line supposed to be this tight? Thanks!

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Your brake has a slot that fits on the nub you’re talking about. You need to take the wheel off again and as you put it back on you have to get the caliper on the nub at the same time. The nub and the slot allows your rear brake to slide back and forth so you can make chin tension adjustments. It’s a real pain in the butt if you do it by yourself but I’ve done it many times. If you can get somebody to help, have them hold the wheel as you get the caliper on the nub. DON’T RIDE UNTILL YOU HAVE DONE THIS!!!!!

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
so it doesn't sit on top it fits into? wow i might be really effed up! thanks. if you have the ability can you post a pic of that nub on the back of the swing arm with the bracket in its correct spot?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks man. I went out and looked at it and i cannot figure out why I couldn't figure it out the first time! I feel like a dumb a**!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can’t get a pic without taking the wheel off but you’ll see once you get yours back off. Like I said, it’s going to be a pain in the butt. Sorry.:(
I beleive the manual has a good graphic of your excellent explanation.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
No but the torque values are the part i have been trained on.
I shouldn't scare you too much I knew it was wrong but just unsure of the right way now I see the light thanks to FZ6-FORUM.COM!
so maybe I should RTFM! Again!

Thanks guys!