Decided to stop lurking and introduce myself

Hudahfiek

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't expect people to reply but wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm Scott and I've been browsing this site for help on my fz6 restore/rebuild. I'm here in the paradise of NM where we have some great open highways for riding but still have some pretty large metro areas for street thrashing as well. I've found info on my bike to be pretty scarce as it is 26yrs old, but have found invaluable help reading through the forums here. I'm hoping to post some decent pictures soon but I have posted pics of my other bikes if anybody is interested go check them out. I'm a sparkie and by no means claim to be an expert on MC wiring but hopefully can shed some light in the near future for somebody as I can read wiring diagrams (at least). I also am self-taught mechanically so I'm very prone to screw something up but by doing that is how I learn best, I just wish I had enough money to teach myself everything. Anyway I hope to talk to you guys soon!

Welcome, you sound like me (learn through failure). Good luck with your build. I'm doing a rebuild on a NFM 04' fz6. Lotta info on the sight, years worth of trial and error and expertise.

:welcome:to this great forum! Sound like a fun project and it looks like you have a nice stable!

Thanks to all who stopped by to welcome me (officially) to this forum! I would like to say that I'm not necessarily new to the forum as the title states I've been reading through posts on here for quite some time but felt I've gotten so much good information from the site that I would like to hopefully help someone in return, if I can. Seemed like the right thing to do.

Irish190, yeah I definitely learn through failure. :don'tknow: I guess subconsciously I enjoy braking things even though I'm definitely not happy when I ruin something, especially on my FZ which seems to be difficult to locate parts for anymore. I'm working on my patience, which I understand is necessary when taking on most projects such as a rebuild.

I'm going to try and document my rebuild as much as possible. I've recently got it running and idling, thanks to this site, so it's kind of late in the game but I'm gonna provide some info hopefully in the near future! I also will upload some pics to my profile if anyone is interested. Cosmetically it is still pretty rough and it still has a ways to go before she becomes a daily rider but she definitely has come a long way :D.

Back