Could this muffler be mounted up?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had toyed with making my own exhaust for the FZ, but then i got a good deal on some Leo Vince pipes and have not looked back, i may still build one someday ,but until then i will be spending my time riding!

That pipe is very similar to the ones i was considering. are you do ing a single or dual? I was going to mount 2 of the ones below and did all the measurements and they would fit with some custom mounts made:

2.5 UNIVERSAL BLUE CARBON FIBER MUFFLER TITANIUM TIP E5:eBay Motors (item 250370073400 end time Sep-05-09 15:01:09 PDT)

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Similar to the GPR 'Ghost Fantome'? With reference to the link: I love the uniqueness of the style, although the finish does leave a little to be desired... Owl, the flame tips (if going 4-2-1-2) you have in mind could look pretty awesome! No need to fumble with a Y pipe; you may loose that distinct 'dual-tone' some of the branded after market cans provide?

Definitely keep us up to date with this project!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I had toyed with making my own exhaust for the FZ, but then i got a good deal on some Leo Vince pipes and have not looked back, i may still build one someday ,but until then i will be spending my time riding!

That pipe is very similar to the ones i was considering. are you do ing a single or dual? I was going to mount 2 of the ones below and did all the measurements and they would fit with some custom mounts made:

2.5 UNIVERSAL BLUE CARBON FIBER MUFFLER TITANIUM TIP E5:eBay Motors (item 250370073400 end time Sep-05-09 15:01:09 PDT)
These cans are awesome. They look REALLY good! Two cans will look better than one, as you would need to cut the rear end up and have big gaps otherwise.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2" cans on ebay will work just fine, they are 4" in diameter, 18" long w/ a 2" inlet, there the same size as Scorp's, Leo's or M4's. I was going to use two of them on my bike, but I decided to get rid of the FZ6 tail and exhaust.:rockon:

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
The 2" cans on ebay will work just fine, they are 4" in diameter, 18" long w/ a 2" inlet, there the same size as Scorp's, Leo's or M4's. I was going to use two of them on my bike, but I decided to get rid of the FZ6 tail and exhaust.:rockon:

I was actually wanting to do a single like the R6, not sure how much room I'll have left over to "fill". I cant seem to picture it in my head.. Been outside to look at the bike then back in, I've tried to photoshop a few times but I just cant seem to grasp how I want to do it without it looking crazy..

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
never thought of this route... I will never part with $600+ for a slip on exhaust....this way it would be far cheaper. Like the price of slip on exhausts for almost every other bike ever made.

Tony Basson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Owl - Can't comment on the Jazz can, but I see you've drilled your standard silencer.
Does it sound as tinny as reported? Is it worth the effort and, if so, how did you do it?
Thanks, Tony

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
this looks fun to try. i might try if i get my check soon. i did a side job and the wife said i can do what ever with it. this may be a good thing to try. i will let you guys know if i try

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My question is this:

If after market slip ons are designed specifically for our beloved fz6's for specific air flows/restrictions and what not then how will these mufflers affect the bike itself.

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Owl - Can't comment on the Jazz can, but I see you've drilled your standard silencer.
Does it sound as tinny as reported? Is it worth the effort and, if so, how did you do it?
Thanks, Tony

I used a 3/4" drillbit welded to a 12" 3/8 metal rod. I went down both sides as far as I could without drilling through the shell of the muffler its self. It sounds pretty good, I wouldnt say it compares to a 700$ exhaust, but it's definately much much louder and deeper, it echos pretty good under overpasses thats for sure.

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
My question is this:

If after market slip ons are designed specifically for our beloved fz6's for specific air flows/restrictions and what not then how will these mufflers affect the bike itself.

I've ran my FZ Completely straight piped with no problems, there's really no difference in one straight through muffler to the next, so I dont think that using a universal muffler vs. a very expensive slip on would have any effect on anything..

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site

Owl

Junior Whopper
Reaction score
Visit site
Similar to the GPR 'Ghost Fantome'? With reference to the link: I love the uniqueness of the style, although the finish does leave a little to be desired... Owl, the flame tips (if going 4-2-1-2) you have in mind could look pretty awesome! No need to fumble with a Y pipe; you may loose that distinct 'dual-tone' some of the branded after market cans provide?

Definitely keep us up to date with this project!

I'm a bit confused, you say no need for a Y Pipe? If I mounted two cans I'd need one I think? Am I missing something?

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
My question is this:

I was thinking the same thing. It may be interesting to find out though.

AcesLA07

Reaction score
Visit site
I know for my car I did a muffler delete option. Just remove the muffler and weld on an 18" long tip. Can this be done on the FZ6? I think it would sound good (it's very deep on my car and my car is an I4 as well). I was thinking about removing the muffler and replacing with 2 18" long stainless steel tips. Would this work?

onyx_riddle

Reaction score
Visit site
ordering cans today. I'll post pics if anyone still is interested in how the shop mounts em up. Also, I'll send a vid to youtube and give a link.

onyx

please note:
I realize this is an old topic but I am pursuing this option and there is a lot of information in this thread for anyone else interested. If they do happen to google "fz6 ebay cheap muffler" two weeks from now, for example, they should see this thread with lots of information on what to order instead of a post from me with a video of my chinese crap cans.

Last edited: