Compliment from R6 owner.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a nice compliment from an 2009 R6 owner in the parking lot of Pep Boys today. It was the 1st time he had seen an FZ6 in person and was very impressed. He liked a lot of the features the FZ had compared to the R6 and said it looked so much better than he thought it would. Just thought I would share.

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
i think people assume that 'it's just another sports bike'.
i had similiar situation with an R1 rider at work.

congrats on the compliment :thumbup:
Mac.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one, a fella I ride with owns an r6 and he had the same opinion. Mines the naked version, get at least 1 compliment a week for the looks of it, and it's all stock, except the mufflers are Tbros now.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I think a lot of people buy the R6 for the status more than the actual abilities of the bike. All things considered, unless you are doing regular track days, there is no advantage to buying an R6 over an FZ6 for street riding. A capable rider will be able to go just as fast on the streets on either bike, but will certainly be more comfortable on the FZ than the R after a day of canyon-carving. Not to mention, you can also use the FZ for touring, 2up, commuting, etc.

Either way, it's always nice to get another convert from the R6 family to finally see the perks of the FZ family.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I think a lot of people buy the R6 for the status more than the actual abilities of the bike. All things considered, unless you are doing regular track days, there is no advantage to buying an R6 over an FZ6 for street riding. A capable rider will be able to go just as fast on the streets on either bike, but will certainly be more comfortable on the FZ than the R after a day of canyon-carving. Not to mention, you can also use the FZ for touring, 2up, commuting, etc.

Either way, it's always nice to get another convert from the R6 family to finally see the perks of the FZ family.
I think most people - even FZ6 owners - will admit the R6 is far sexier! However, in terms of comfort, rideability, everyday riding and touring ability (for starters) the FZ6 is better. In fact, it's better in pretty much all other ways!

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always liked the full faired look better, and if I keep this FZ it'll get full faired. Got a situation going on that I don't know how it will end, so I gotta wait and see before I buy the fairing lowers from Powerbronze, AND IT'S KILLING ME !!!!!!!

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

Here, here! And the FZ6 is such a sleeper. Cheap insurance premiums leaves some cash for other goodies...

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site

ehhh I'm gonna respectfully disagree here....my FZ6 has power commander, two bros, cat elim, air filter, -1 +2 520 conversion and I still get beat in a straight line by an R6. I will say though, going for a full day's ride over 100-120 miles, all my buddies on race bikes are hatin life and I could go another 120 without worry. I mean, I'm riding my FZ6 down to Vegas in July, which is 500 miles one way, and have no worries about comfort on the trip, which is one more reason to love our bikes......flexibility.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
ehhh I'm gonna respectfully disagree here....my FZ6 has power commander, two bros, cat elim, air filter, -1 +2 520 conversion and I still get beat in a straight line by an R6.

I meant in the twisty stuff, where the real talent is. Any moron can twist a throttle in a straight line.:cheer:

Lightndattic

Reaction score
Visit site
In my MSF basic course there was a guy with a red R6 who parked right next to my red FZ6. Quite interesting to be able to compare and contrast the 2 directly side by side. I tried his and he tried mine. He liked the FZ, but I told him he could keep the R.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good to see the compliments come in from another biker. I get a lot from parking lot goers that know dittily about bikes and the extent of their conversations ends with "Nice looking bike"...

When someone mentions my bike to me i figure that they are being friendly and might want to spark up a conversation about it, but that quickly dissapears when i ask them a question and get a dumfounded look with a reply of " well a buddy of mine had a GSXR 1800 or something like that back in the day... Man was that thing fast..."

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Nice, I got asked about my bike in front of my brother and dad. The guys wasn't interested in their bikes (supermoto and cruiser type). Felt good that he thought I had the coolest bike and is now considering buying one! I referred him to the forum for the good, the better and the best...and some of the ugly ;)

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Now that my son sold his Kawi 750, he's been riding my FZ6 to class at Ohio State. A guy in one of his classes has an R6 and let Drew ride it when he learned Drew wanted one. The key word is "wanted". After taking a ride, he decided he likes the FZ much better for the type of riding he does. Thirty minutes on the R6 convinced him that the bike is just not for him.

Tim77

FZ6 in Connecticut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After spending the day on the highway with a new friend and his 2002 R6, his reaction to me telling him what the bike is... "THAT'S a 600?!?!?!?!?" He spent most of the time looking at my undertail Two Bros trying to keep up with me :)