Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

petaminox

Reaction score
Visit site
You might want to try Partszilla - I ordered mine earlier in the month and they were backordered, but has thus fulfilled the order. They might have some leftover stock from their order from Yamaha.

In any event, the parts took less than week to arrive at Partszilla from when I place my order with them.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, they are still available, but this past couple weeks have been pretty rough. First my welder broke, again, and I just managed to get it halfway back up and running on DC only, which is good because the levers are steel. Then my car decided it would break an engine mount and a valve spring. Luckily the motor isn't trashed, but it is at the machine shop now and I've got a lot of work to do on it getting it back together. That kind of takes priority since it is my daily driver and I'm borrowing a car right now. A couple days ago I was trying to powder coat some of the levers I finished and my powder coating gun got a clog in it and basically pressurized the hopper and blew the gun to pieces. So now I'm waiting on a new gun to come in. And to top it off, just last night my air compressor blew its head gasket.

So basically everything decided to break on me all at the same time. I've got some levers basically finished, but I'm pretty pressed for time. Everything will get done, don't worry guys!

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
KN- I sent you a tip via PayPal to help out with new equipment to keep this mod going. I'm enjoying the mod and wanted to help out the other members who haven't yet been able to secure this mod. Keep up the good work!

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine installed when I got them a couple weeks ago and took about 2 days to get used to it but I gotta say, it's ingenious what a difference a half of an inch makes! Thanks for being awesome KN!:Flash:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Woo hoo! Got my new air compressor head gasket in the mail today. What a lifesaver, you start to realize how often compressed air comes in handy when you no longer have any :eek:

So I can finish the levers I have this weekend, they will ship out monday morning. Thanks for the patience guys!

philz

Reaction score
Visit site

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
I am curious about getting one, but being that the FZ is my first real bike I don't really know what to expect as a difference. Has anyone done a youtube showing the difference, to give a better idea of what the clutch slave lever does?

DarkNinja75

Professional Poster
Reaction score
Visit site
I am curious about getting one, but being that the FZ is my first real bike I don't really know what to expect as a difference. Has anyone done a youtube showing the difference, to give a better idea of what the clutch slave lever does?

The clutch slave lever operates the clutch engagement at the engine. When you squeeze the clutch lever at the bars, it pulls on the slave lever at the engine to disengage the clutch.

This modification extends the length of the slave lever, giving it a longer path of travel. By doing this, you modify how long the bike is in the friction zone. Longer slave lever = bigger friction zone = smoother starting and shifting.

Also, ordered the parts from Partzilla, shipped to KN, and Paypal money sent.

Last edited:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site