Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to measure it, possibly order some from mcmaster. I've taken mine off probably 30 times, it still holds on fine, I just have to compress it a little before I try to get it on the shaft. So far, it hasn't come off accidentally.

Thanks, Reini. My mistake was opening the "mouth" of the ring too much to remove from the shaft when I could have just opened it enough to pry the ring up. I also compressed it before putting it back on, but it felt like it shouldn't have that much flex. I rode with it like that and will monitor it until I replace it. I found some external retaining clips at the local Ace Hardware and Home Depot but they were both non-metric and too thin. Was considering just using two of them together but I've found them at PowersportsPlus (99009-10400-00) for a buck and change - was just trying to decide if I wanted to lump anything else into the order before pulling the trigger. :D

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got mine on today!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OMFG, I fitted my lever tonight, I do not believe it.
Reini, you are the man of the moment.
I went for hole #3 to keep one in reserve.
Its like a new bike the clutch is so smooth and light.
fitting is a snap. Im lovin' it glad I got in on this. I highly reccomend this mod
KillerNoodle Rocks
what more can I say
thanks a million

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
One last thing to note about the levers:

When you move the pin to another hole and go to tighten the nut, don't put very much torque on the nut. It has a nylon lock nut, so you just have to get it seated flush with the bottom of the shoulder and it will stay there. Don't crank it down because you aren't going to tighten it any further, you'll just break the threaded part off :thumbup:

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man I love this mod. Clutch pull is so much easier, and the engagement zone is a lot smoother. Will mail out my cores by end of week!

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed you are. Your early adoption and KN's craftsmanship has made me a happy rider. It's really how it should have been from the factory. And for what, an extra 2 dollars Yamaha cost per bike?

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got mine in the mail, was away for a while. Everyone has already said it, but it's worth saying again - excellent craftmanship!!

Sometime this week i'll install mine. Even if it doesn't help, i'd be satisfied to know that KN took the time to do it right.

Maximum respect to KN.

jay5687

Reaction score
Visit site
i have been wanting to get this for about a year but i never kno when your making them cause there are 671 replies so the next go around could you noodle or anyone else send me a pm so i will kno thank you so much

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
i have been wanting to get this for about a year but i never kno when your making them cause there are 671 replies so the next go around could you noodle or anyone else send me a pm so i will kno thank you so much

Just a recap/heads up: KN requested purchased cores be sent to him this time. Most of us did that, and will be sending our stock parts back to him as a core exchange. This will mean he is aligned to make a quick turnaround on another set. There is probably a demand of say, 5 or 6 new levers now? That said... expect a new batch being made in a month or two. This is just my gut feeling.