Chevyfazer wrecked again, bad this time

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've been down many many times but every time been able to dust off and pick the bike up, well not this time...
It happened Tuesday morning on my way to work, I had just got on I75 and was working my way over to the HOV lane when I got slowed by a red Honda fit, well the fit started to change lanes then jerked back and slammed on brakes! I knew I couldn't slow down as fast as they were so I tried to go around, and I almost made it, but almost only counts in horseshoes and handgranades, the right box just barely clipped the Honda but it was enough to send the bike into a tail spin and me flying! I remember bouncing off the asphalt a few times until stoping laying on my back and that's where I stayed until ems loaded me up and hauled me to Grady trama center. And that's where I am now Grady been here since Tuesday with my collar bone broke in 2 places, shoulder blade pretty much shattered, coughing up blood, some pretty sick road rash among many other things, but despite all that I'm in great spirits because thank god I finally killed the Vstrom before it could kill me! The pic don't look that bad but the frame is bent! And FYI the lady in the re Honda, it wasn't her fault someone cut her off an she was traumatized by seeing me fly through the Air and bounce off the asphalt, but she was real nice an felt horrible. And yeah I'll call it irony that my riding pants were in the box that hit the Honda lol
View attachment 47951View attachment 47952View attachment 47953View attachment 47954

Last edited:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am happy that you are alive bro.

When i was riding my Conie in NYC traffic I clipped a commercial van with the side bag when veering through traffic.

You think you just have enough space and that you will clear it, but in the end you clip it and you're done.

BTW what kind of gear were you wearing? Full gear? Mesh, textile?

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you really take a picture of the crashed bike from your back waiting for EMS?

I'm glad you are in good spirits and mostly ok. Hope for a speedy recovery.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap. We're all glad you're alive after a highway spill. I hope your convalescence is speedy and complete! :)

Did you at least get to have a little fun on the poor strom before it passed? Seems like just a month ago you sold the fizzer after a flaming burnout. :eek:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, yes I did take a pic while laying on my back lol and that Vstrom is my dads bike that had sat parked 2 yrs since he messed up his shoulder, well I kinda "took it over" and after my 1st spill on it I took over insurance and really took it over lol but it had almost exactly 60,000 on it so it got its fair share of abuse

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes. Yes, better the V-strom than you! :eek:

I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope you have really good health insurance! I'd be refusing treatment and trying to escape out the window after a couple of days with mine. :BLAA:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Crashing sucks, that's for sure. I'm glad you made it through it alive. Heal up soon Chevy.:thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about your "off" Chevy, but glad youre about to tell us about it, and not read someone else informing us,
heal up quick

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
how the hell did you manage to take photos with a smashed up shoulder?
Just glad you weren't nailed by cars coming behind you.
Take care brother and get well soon......the riding season is still young.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to read stories like that, but I'm glad you're going to be OK.:cheer:

Get well soon.:thumbup:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are on the mend. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

....and the next time you want to get rid of a bike, give me a ring. can suggest some other methods that are easier and quicker... :)

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
That sucks man, get well soon. ATL traffic is crazy, I try to avoid the freeway like the plague.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as the picture thing I always keep my phone on my inside jacket pocket (keep it close in case something like this were to happen and I needed it) had to do it all with my left hand but it seemed like a good idea at the time lol

As far as gear goes, I was wearing my textile sedeci jacket, sedeci boots, icon helmet and cortec gloves. I'm actually surprised I didn't end up with worse road rash than I did considering I didn't have my pants on but I'll give credit where credit is due and cintas makes some damn tuff pants lol