Ceramic Coating exhaust..Questions????

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. Just thought I would throw it out there. Upon my list of many more things to do the bike. Thinking of getting a exhaust. I had some questions about Ceramic Coating the header pipe. In addition I also wanted to incorporate ceramic coating parts that come with the after market exhaust.

When ceramic coating how is one suppose to work around or with the catalytic converter?

If I illuminate the down pipe for one w/out converter? What does one need to do with the header pipe? Besides disconnecting the 02 sensor?
How does one go about ceramic coating the inside of the assembly?

Not completely sold on getting exhaust first. It's kind of a toss up between a adjustable suspension. But like I said I just wanted to throw it out there.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. Just thought I would throw it out there. Upon my list of many more things to do the bike. Thinking of getting a exhaust. I had some questions about Ceramic Coating the header pipe. In addition I also wanted to incorporate ceramic coating parts that come with the after market exhaust.

When ceramic coating how is one suppose to work around or with the catalytic converter?

If I illuminate the down pipe for one w/out converter? What does one need to do with the header pipe? Besides disconnecting the 02 sensor?
How does one go about ceramic coating the inside of the assembly?

Not completely sold on getting exhaust first. It's kind of a toss up between a adjustable suspension. But like I said I just wanted to throw it out there.
Check out wolfmans posts regarding his "Café racer" project. He has had his exhaust ceramic coated
Good luck
Nelly