Caliper rebuild

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
So I'm thinking its time to rebuild my calipers. Looking on bike bandits fiche I can't tell exactly what parts I need to order. Bad Request

It looks like either 7 or 9 could be the one. Thanks in advance

Front of an S2 is the seals and pads. You don't need the piston/puck unless yours are damaged somehow (Rusty etc), 7, 9, 10, 17, 19, 20. If small parts are rusty, replace them. NOTE: one set is one caliper.
Hint pistons and Seals are a different size from the leading edge to the trailing edge. Don't mix them up when installing them. Also they are directional.
frontbrakecaliper.gif

The Rear is a sliding caliper and its wise although not necessary to replace the bolt, pin, protective bellows. Pa8,ds if you wore them out.
5,6,7,8, 11,13.

rearbrakecaliper.gif

I just looked it up at https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com. (I like their schematics because it includes the manufacturer's part number, unlike BikeBandit).

#7 and #9 are the same part number, but different prices (go figure).

The part number is: 3MA-25803-10-00

Amazon has it: Amazon.com: Yamaha 3MA-W0047-10-00 CALIPER SEAL KIT; 3MAW00471000 , 3MA-W0047-10-00, 4FM-W0047-10-00: Automotive

If you're a prime member (Free 2 day shipping): Amazon.com: Yamaha 3MA258031000 Caliper Seal Kit: Automotive

An ebay search for the part number pulls up the aftermarket K&L parts kit.

I would strongly suggest sticking with OEM seals.

Yes its a PIA ordering and cost a little more, however, putting after market brake seals in (that may not be up to OEM standards), simply is NOT worth it.

Your changing them ONCE every 4-x# years, its not like a yearly thing.

The potential results can be deadly..

Which reminds me that I'll need to rebuild my calipers soon. I got the bike with 45,000 miles on it and the PO did not take care of it. I'll do them when i rebuild the forks soon.

Back