Brought home a 2008 FZ6

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Nice looking FZ6 Dave! I really like the black with black frame. Those side cases look nice too.

I like my big top case, but it looks silly on the bike, unlike the side bags. Oh well.

My 2000 Silverado has had a two speed transmission since November or so. I only have first and third gear (and reverse). Thankfully, my commute is only four miles now. :)

I plan to put a rebuilt 4LE60 in there once I get my detached garage built, and don't have to work in the driveway...

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Folks in TX love TX so much if their truck says TEXAS in big letters on it they'll buy it. I bought it for the package, not because it's a Texas edition.

Does that mean you don't love Texas as much as the other folks?

(By the way, I've never owned a truck, and I still love Texas.)

D

Dave.TX

JRevans, that sucks about your trucks transmission. Hopefully you'll get it back to running normal again.

Dave, it seems to be only trucks. I don't think there's a Texas Edition VW Beetle or any other car.

I moved from CA back in 2000. Texas is different. But as time goes on I'm really glad I live here and not in CA. Politics was one of the reasons I moved out of CA. I saw the ship sinking. As far as loving Texas more or less than others, I love the USA more than anything and any one state. I do prefer some states over others. I love Texas but don't think it's the best place on earth like some do. I've been to 30 States and Washington D.C., some folks have never left Texas (like a neighbor of mine, she's in her 40's) and that's a shame.

Economically speaking, Texas is doing very well compared to the rest of the nation and I believe it's because of the conservative politics that reign here. It's the liberal politics of CA and NY (and other states) that have made them such a disaster that they are. Texas ain't perfect, no place is, but I'm not intending to go anyplace else anytime soon. People here look out for each other and rely on each other more instead of looking towards government for everything.

I'll stop now. Don't get me started. I should go on a ride to clear my mind before going to work today.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
JRevans, that sucks about your trucks transmission. Hopefully you'll get it back to running normal again.

Dave, it seems to be only trucks. I don't think there's a Texas Edition VW Beetle or any other car.

I moved from CA back in 2000. Texas is different. But as time goes on I'm really glad I live here and not in CA. Politics was one of the reasons I moved out of CA. I saw the ship sinking. As far as loving Texas more or less than others, I love the USA more than anything and any one state. I do prefer some states over others. I love Texas but don't think it's the best place on earth like some do. I've been to 30 States and Washington D.C., some folks have never left Texas (like a neighbor of mine, she's in her 40's) and that's a shame.

Economically speaking, Texas is doing very well compared to the rest of the nation and I believe it's because of the conservative politics that reign here. It's the liberal politics of CA and NY (and other states) that have made them such a disaster that they are. Texas ain't perfect, no place is, but I'm not intending to go anyplace else anytime soon. People here look out for each other and rely on each other more instead of looking towards government for everything.

I'll stop now. Don't get me started. I should go on a ride to clear my mind before going to work today.

Amen! I grew up an hour North of Houston in the town of Magnolia, TX. Lived in central Virginia ever since. Virginia is surprisingly conservative for being so close to DC. In Virginia it's perfectly legal to carry an loaded firearm without a permit so long as it is NOT concealed. Also it's as simple as a 2 hour online lecture and test and a month wait to get a concealed handgun permit here.

Climate wise I miss the warm Texas winters but Houston is just no fun...the ocean there is like a big dirty lake and if you want to ride in the mountains....forget it or plan a day trip just to get to the closest ones. Here in central VA I am an hour from the Blue Ridge mountains or 2.5 hours from VA beach/4 hours to the Outer Banks of NC.

Last edited: