Both lights out

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
The other night as I was riding along I switched on the main beam, and immediately lost both headlights. It's the default setup where left beam is on dipped as soon as the ignition is switched on. The sidelights were still working. Given that both blew simultaneously, would I be looking at a fuse or a relay of some sort? If so, where is it?

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a headlight fuse to me. Did the high beam indicator light go out as well? That would likely mean a headlight fuse. most if not all of the fuses are under the right side cover below the seat. Good luck:thumbup:

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah - the beam indicator light was out as well, come to think of it. Everything went very dark all of a sudden :)

Cool - I'll check under the seat.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah - the beam indicator light was out as well, come to think of it. Everything went very dark all of a sudden :)

Cool - I'll check under the seat.

You'll have to take off the seat (stand on the left hand side of the bike where the gear selector is) and the plastic panel just above the seat lock is the one you have to remove. Its held on by one single bolt which you'll see once the seat comes off, and then you have to get a good hold of it and pull it off as it's held on with two spikes driven though rubber washers.

I have noooo idea which fuse it is or where...just thought i'd offer some advice as to where to get that panel off!! :D