Boots

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my SIDI Vertigo boots came in today, and while they look great and offer a lot of protection, they just don't fit my leg right. Foot is great, but the leg is way too wide. I could wear my pants under the boot to help, but I would rather not. So, I think I am going to look for another boot that can tighten up on the calves much more.

The nearest town has a few dealerships, so I think I am going to go see what I can find tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions that I may want to look out for tomorrow?

I already have Alpinestars gloves and jacket and have nothing bad to say about them, so I may try their brand in boots too. Probably going to look at the Alpinestars S-MX R Boots and the Alpinestars S-MX Plus Racing Boots.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my SIDI Vertigo boots came in today, and while they look great and offer a lot of protection, they just don't fit my leg right. Foot is great, but the leg is way too wide. I could wear my pants under the boot to help, but I would rather not. So, I think I am going to look for another boot that can tighten up on the calves much more.

The nearest town has a few dealerships, so I think I am going to go see what I can find tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions that I may want to look out for tomorrow?

I already have Alpinestars gloves and jacket and have nothing bad to say about them, so I may try their brand in boots too. Probably going to look at the Alpinestars S-MX R Boots and the Alpinestars S-MX Plus Racing Boots.

I think most race boots are like that because they mean for you to wear lethers inside them.
My friends has SMX... great boots, but they squeak funny when he walks :BLAA:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
unless they have changed them the Sidi's can be tightened so they snug up around your calf.

another boot you may look into is the Puma gp1000 boots it sounds like you have skinny legs so you may find the old verisons will fit you well. I have big calf's and they are snug on my legs with lots of room for adjustment

Last edited:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
The SIDI Vertigo boots have an knob adjustment that tighten, however, at full, it is still really loose. I think I will just hit up all the dealers and try on everything I can find and see what ends up fitting me the best.

Dave66

Reaction score
Visit site
The SIDI Vertigo boots have an knob adjustment that tighten, however, at full, it is still really loose. I think I will just hit up all the dealers and try on everything I can find and see what ends up fitting me the best.

That's a shame they don't fit. I just got a pair of Vertigo's and they are the best fitting boot I have found and one of the main reasons was the adjustment at the calf. I do wear leathers inside the boot though.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I called 6 places, and not a single place had them in stock. I just ended up emailing RevZilla to see if they may be able to get me a dimension for the inside calf of the boot with everything as tight as it goes.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like from the video I could probably get these snugged up a big more to my calf with that velcro strap. Any chance you could tighten it down and measure the inside and see how tight it will go down too? My calf is about 12 inches in diameter, so you can see why the SIDI boot was way to big to be worn with pants outside for me.