Black for 2008!!!!! (U.S.A.)

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer the black and dark blue ones over the Yamaha blue ones, but I think I still like my '07 red one, until they black out everything, ex: all the bolts, exhaust shield thing, rear sets, levers... I love how on the website the picture of the gauges is from a red 2007.

And where's our comfort seat, abs option, immobiliser, etc?? Not to mention a naked black one...Progress is slow, but at least it's in the right direction...

Last edited:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Nice to see they discontinued the SLOW Red one.....

Does not look like they changed much

Still a great bike ..... I like the black but I agree it would be cool it it were total black with no decals etc

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to go ahead and start the betting pool on how long it takes wrightme43 to trade his blue one in for a black one......I'll go ahead and say 3 months. Any takers?:D

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
are you getting the naked version ?

sadly no.....the only way to get a naked in the US is to do a custom job or import the parts (which I am seriously considering). I imagine if they haven't brought the naked version over here by now, they probably aren't going to.

W

wrightme43

HEY!!

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I just cant do it. I pimp myself out to old ladies as much as I can to pay for this one. LOL
I dont think they would want it back with over 10,000 miles on it already.

The Darth Vader edition would be AWESOME. Black everything.

S

sportrider

Nice to see they discontinued the SLOW Red one.....

Does not look like they changed much

Still a great bike ..... I like the black but I agree it would be cool it it were total black with no decals etc

naw you got it all wrong they didn't discontinue the red one for being to slow, they banned it for being to fast!!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I love the black. Why couldn't those SOB's have offered it a few months ago. I will certainly look into upgrading when my dealer gets them!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I get my tank repaired I have decided to have it sprayed black. so I will be riding the Black and silver one.

W

wrightme43

That will be cool Neil. Black really is the best color for bikes. Black with metallic/clear ghost flames. Oh hell yeah.
I have also considered copper metalic/clear ghost flames on mine, the not only faster but more elegant blue one.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn I love the black. Why couldn't those SOB's have offered it a few months ago. I will certainly look into upgrading when my dealer gets them!

I too would have chosen the black over any other color. I bought my blue one one month ago! I won't trade in though. I bought a matching helmet, so I have to stay with blue!:rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HEY!!

That was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. I just cant do it. I pimp myself out to old ladies as much as I can to pay for this one. LOL
I dont think they would want it back with over 10,000 miles on it already.

The Darth Vader edition would be AWESOME. Black everything.
Its Night rider black. Your obsession with Mr Hasselhoff is getting a bit out of hand lol

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the extra $100 for? That crappy looking flat black paint??? Why is there no naked version????? I don't know about you guys but I don't care much for the flat black around the head lights. I think it cheapens the look of the bike. To me it looks like somebody rashed the fairing and oversprayed it with some cheap black primer to cover the scratches. It's good that Yamaha brought the black to the US but they should have kept the red too. I think the boys at Yamaha need to be taken to the wood shed for this one.

Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. LOL

sackcheck

Reaction score
Visit site
I was on craigslist a few weeks ago an this guy was selling a naked FZ6 flat black with lime green stripes.I think he said "it's a rare custom". Have you guys ever seen a after market kit for the FZ6 to make it into the naked version?