Bike Seat Question

Crotalus

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding about 2 1/2 hours my legs begin to hurt, especially the bottoms of my thighs. I am thinking of getting an aftermarket seat, any suggestions?

gpd211

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding about 2 1/2 hours my legs begin to hurt, especially the bottoms of my thighs. I am thinking of getting an aftermarket seat, any suggestions?

When I bought my '05 it came with a Corbin seat as well as the stock seat. The Corbin was on it. It is slick. When i would brake hard i would slide forward. For fun I put the stock seat back on and haven't thought about taking in off. I actually like the stock seat better than the Corbin.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yamaha comfort seat compatible with the TCP seat cowl

Question to the TCP Cowl Seat Owners:

Does the TCP seat cowl fit on top of the Yamaha Comfort Seat?
I know that the Comfort Seat has more padding and is thicker than the stocker.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my '05 it came with a Corbin seat as well as the stock seat. The Corbin was on it. It is slick. When i would brake hard i would slide forward. For fun I put the stock seat back on and haven't thought about taking in off. I actually like the stock seat better than the Corbin.

Is your Corbin up for sale? Let me know.

Thanks,
Nick

W

wrightme43

They are all the same.

I love my Corbin seat. I did modify it with antislip drawer liner spray adhesived to both seat areas. Works great.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I have an 04 and the link says 07 to 08.......

np, I dont think the seat is changed. You might want to hold off and see what h2oboy has to say about the seat when he gets it. I have looked at the corbins at they look so very nice and cushy. Especially since your wallet will be empty so it does not take up as much room in your pocket :)

I am so poor I have been trying to figure a way to strap some gel on top of my seat. I know someone did the mod with gel inserts under the seat but I keep looking for something that does not require cutting, slicing , ect of my seat.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yamaha Comfort Seat from RonAyers.com (get part number off yamaha website) for $145 plus $10.00 shipping = $155.00 or about $100 less than list.

I really like mine, much more comfortable than stock.

PS: Just went on Ron Ayers site with the Yamaha Part #ABA-4S821-00-00 to check for you and it came back "Part not found." So I don't know why but maybe they figured out they were loosing their butt on that item. But that is what I got mine for, luckily. You can try ebay, though, you may get lucky their.

Regards,

Lewis

Last edited:

RICK-WPB

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Corbin seat for my 2006 FZ6. Nothing out there compares to the Corbin comfort, quality, and look. I also have the passenger oval seat back option which is removable. Expensive but worth it! About six week lead time from the factory.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

i used to take my bike to trips from ct to vt with the stock seat.. (total about 3 hour ride).. whatever seat you buy.. if you ride strait for 2.5 hours, your legs are going to start to hurt no matter what.. i have since bought a corbin and it is way mre comfortable, but still.. after 2 hours strait, my legs start to hurt.. but at least my a$$ doesnt hurt at all witht he corbin. hope that helps :thumbup:

oh and a :welcome: to a new member

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for Corbin. Loved it on my GS500 and love it on FZ6. Actually first mod (if u can call it mod) was the Corbin. Had to remove some padding from solo seat cowling - that was it.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered my Yamaha Comfort from a local Ma & Pa type M/C shop and paid $190 including tax/shipping etc.

It is an improvement over stock. I've had Corbins on a couple of other bikes and they are quite nice and have excellent service. I refuse to buy one for my FZ until they make a smuggler for it, which at this point, would be a miracle.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady for my '84 Honda Nighthawk 750S and it was an awesome seat. I could ride all day long (hundreds of kms) and not feel any pain. I have read a number of reviews that say the Corbin seats are not so good for the FZ6. I have noticed that the difference between the Corbin seat on my old Honda, and the newer Corbin seats on the FZ6 are that the new FZ Corbin seats slope very steeply forward. Couple that with the fact that the Corbin leather has gotten smoother (and thus slidierer (I just made that word up :thumbup:)) and you have a recipe for discomfort. And, apparently the new Corbin's are made with a denser (and harder foam).

I purchased a Top Saddlery seat today, and anxiously await the 10th day (magical arrival date :Flash:). Can't wait to try it out, and it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than a new Corbin.