Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Downrange, If i choose to go with that Morimoto package what Adapter plate, bulbs and what wire harness? Oh also what is the CCFL (sorry I'm really new to this)

Jrevans is right. I kind of did a walkthrough on my install thread, and I go over what you'll need to change on the wiring harness and how to do it without breaking anything. Also another guy posted his install and his troubles with the Angel eyes and LED light strips.

You'll also need to do BD34's dual headlight mod before starting the mod. His posts are highly detailed, and he sells a kit if you don't want to fab it yourself.

Any of the mini shrouds would work if you pulled the reflectors, or if you cut them. If you pull the reflectors though, you'll have to fab a mount for the projectors since that;s what the projectors normally mount to.

Last edited:

Abschatten

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot for all the information.

Edit: I've noticed that the ones from your link do not look the same as the ones in the original post.

Second Edit: Nevermind it's the lack of the CCFL angel eyes feature that threw me off.

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Now I'm not sure if I want to get the projector lights or the HID conversion kit. Which one to get?

You definitely want to go with the bi-xexon HID projectors!

As discussed all over the place, putting HID bulbs into the stock, non-projector FZ6 headlight housings, will cause light scatter all over the place, resulting in much less light output onto the road. Not to mention that it creates the most annoying glare to anyone stuck seeing your bike from the front. I mean, it's really, really bad, with glare shining in peoples eyes.

By going with the projectors, you get clean directed light shining on the road, along with that cool, sharp cutoff line for the low beam. (And you won't be causing a glaring distraction for any poor souls stuck in front of your motorcycle....)

T

TheBlackSheep

I skimmed through this thread, and have a few questions.
Will this light mod work for my 09?
do I need to buy the dual headlight mod?
Do I need to purchase the HID angel kit twice?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,
Yes or make it yourself,
Maybe. Depends on how you do it. The Morimoto is just a single kit that fits both. For others you'll probably need to snag a H4 and a H7.

The deal with the dual headlight mod is that the lamp on the right (I forget which one it is) should have three pins. One is ground, and one should have 12vdc in low ONLY and the other pin has 12vdc in high ONLY. The projectors use this logic to flip a selonid that moves a flap up and down. Without that logic you have only lows or highs. Be aware that yamaha wired that bulb so that the LOW side is on when you flip the HIGH beam on. So you'll have to swap those pins.

Last edited:

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,
Yes or make it yourself,
Maybe. Depends on how you do it. The Morimoto is just a single kit that fits both. For others you'll probably need to snag a H4 and a H7.

The deal with the dual headlight mod is that the lamp on the right (I forget which one it is) should have three pins. One is ground, and one should have 12vdc in low ONLY and the other pin has 12vdc in high ONLY. The projectors use this logic to flip a selonid that moves a flap up and down. Without that logic you have only lows or highs. Be aware that yamaha wired that bulb so that the LOW side is on when you flip the HIGH beam on. So you'll have to swap those pins.

Sounds like a lot of work...

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Sounds like a lot of work...

Yup. This is not an easy bolt-on / plug-in modification.

Physically, the toughest part is probably using the oven, then removing the outer lens on headlight so you can install the projectors assemblies.

The wiring is a pain. I suppose some people just tap into other wires with those 3M connectors, but I'm a gEEky engineer, so I made connectors, shortened harnesses, soldered everything, etc. Plus, it's a pain to fit all of the equipment (ballasts, CCFL power, ignitors and wires) behind the fairing plastic.

That said, the results are well worth it! Night time lighting is now fantastic.

T

TheBlackSheep

Yup. This is not an easy bolt-on / plug-in modification.

Physically, the toughest part is probably using the oven, then removing the outer lens on headlight so you can install the projectors assemblies.

The wiring is a pain. I suppose some people just tap into other wires with those 3M connectors, but I'm a gEEky engineer, so I made connectors, shortened harnesses, soldered everything, etc. Plus, it's a pain to fit all of the equipment (ballasts, CCFL power, ignitors and wires) behind the fairing plastic.

That said, the results are well worth it! Night time lighting is now fantastic.

Haha want to help me with mine? i'm more of a duct tape, zip tie and hit it till it fits type.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
But seriously, if anyone needs help, shoot me a PM. I'll do what I can over the internet, or you can swing by my house if you're close.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding today, I decided I really want a new set of lights. I was riding all night with my high beam on because the one light just isn't enough. This kit seems like a lot of work. Wish they sold the lenses with everything built in. One of you guys should make a kit like that. I would pay for it.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the wiring and finding places for all the ballasts and such is the hard part. But if you sent me all the parts, I'll mount the projectors in the headlights for you. No problem.

I'll even modify the wiring harness for you so that it fits the bike easier. And build you the cable you need for BD34's dual headlight mod. But I personally don't have the money to front the mod and have you pay me when it ships. If you wanted to ship it all to me, $80 for labor should be about right. It would take most of a Saturday to get it put together like that.

Or bring your bike to the house and I'll install it all for you, lol. You want a summer vacation to sunny Florida don't you?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
After riding today, I decided I really want a new set of lights. I was riding all night with my high beam on because the one light just isn't enough. This kit seems like a lot of work. Wish they sold the lenses with everything built in. One of you guys should make a kit like that. I would pay for it.

Actually I found the opening of the headligh assembly and installation of the HID projectors to be the easiest part of the whole upgrade!

Yes it is involved, but at the same time pretty stright forward. Just don't be in a rush to get it done in one afternoon.

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
Hello
I need a little help from you guys.
Looks like i have the same kit from the first post here.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/14963-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed.html

Order from here
SPORTBIKE LITES YAMAHA FZ6 04-09 HID PROJECTOR CCFL HALO EYES KIT
Last year they sendt me 2 different bulbs in the kit so i want 2 new bulbs with 8000K.
I order 2 new bulbs from them but they sendt me 2 different bulbs who will not fit in the kit.
Do you guys know where i can order 2 new bulbs fitting this kit?
Nice with a direct link if you have.
Give you a picture of what i have.
Thanks.:D

pjaco

Reaction score
www.jacobsen.cn
the left bulb on the picture i find in their shop.
http://www.sportbikelites.com/HID-BULB-p/accessories 25.htm
Their support tells me today the right bulb not will fit the globe,but i ordered this kit in their shop so the support dont know what they are selling.
I have used it for over a year so i know everything are working except wrong colour on the bulbs.

Support:The one on the right (in your image) will not fit into a projector globe.:spank:
I have tried to tell them the order number and linked them to the product but they wont understand.:(

Last edited:

Fresh|

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, what I've done is open the housing and replace the H4 halogen bulb with the projector.

The projectors I bought can only fit H4 but the seller said they also have projectors for H7 or other kinds.

The hole on the reflector for the H7 is smaller than the H4 and u cant just plug the projector without cracking the reflector.

I open the housing using a hot air gun and it took me 2 hours to assemble the projector and connect all the wires.

The kit came from ebay and cost me 280 AUD, about 200 USD, together with two ballasts.

So I'm still thinking buying another kit with H7 socket.
Hi.
Did you buy universal kits? Or did you buy specifically to the FZ6?

falcon6123

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had mine installed after I ordered mine from retrofitsource.com and I have got to say that the customer service was impeccable! They custom built my kit knowing it was an 08 FZ6. If you want to order a whole kit, just give them a call and let them know what you want. My pics are coming today, DONT WORRY!

jimmu

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had mine installed after I ordered mine from retrofitsource.com and I have got to say that the customer service was impeccable! They custom built my kit knowing it was an 08 FZ6. If you want to order a whole kit, just give them a call and let them know what you want. My pics are coming today, DONT WORRY!

What kit did you get and how much did it cost ye?