Bi-Xenon projector with angel eye installed

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Gozilla,

If I understand you correctly, these kits come with either 2 h4 projectors or with 2 h7 projectors. So, if 2 forum members decided to both do this mod, then they, theoretically, could buy both kits and swap one light from each kit. Is that correct, or is there any side specificity to the projectors in the kit?

You are right ! Both projectors in the kit are the same socket. No side specificity at all. :thumbup:

I bought one H4 kit(2 H4 projectors) ealier and one H7 kit(2 H7 projectors) 2 weeks after.

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer selling H4 and H7 projectors together.

Sorry mate :(

But you really should send message to the seller about the shipping issues. He's little lazy :p

Well then. Sorry to hear that:(

I'll try to get a hold of the seller!

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
OK guys, pics updated!

The H7 projector kit is as PERFECT as the H4 !!!!

Only 3 hours to complete the mod.

3480008836_d376a96362.jpg

3480009016_696641edc5.jpg

3479201361_0b6eff48b7.jpg

3480009390_ee4870e0bd.jpg

3480009574_64f9cf371d.jpg
Looks awesome. How about some shots out on the road so we can really see the width and distance?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is an awesome mod! Thank you for a great post.
I have a question about comparison of current draw. Are they more/less or about equal in current draw on the electrical system?

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
HID bulbs are only 35W compared to 55W for halogen (65W on high beam). The current required to hold the high beam solenoids is minuscule.

So his total watt useage is only 70W all the time, high or low beam.

Factory is 55W on low beam (110W if you've done the dual low beam mod) and 120W on high beam.

So round numbers you've freed up about 50W for other accessories.

To get amps, divide watts by 14 (running voltage of the electrical system. So this mod reduces your current draw by about 4 amps

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
HID bulbs are only 35W compared to 55W for halogen (65W on high beam). The current required to hold the high beam solenoids is minuscule.

So his total watt useage is only 70W all the time, high or low beam.

Factory is 55W on low beam (110W if you've done the dual low beam mod) and 120W on high beam.

So round numbers you've freed up about 50W for other accessories.

To get amps, divide watts by 14 (running voltage of the electrical system. So this mod reduces your current draw by about 4 amps

CHeers mate :thumbup:

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Gozilla,

If I understand you correctly, these kits come with either 2 h4 projectors or with 2 h7 projectors. So, if 2 forum members decided to both do this mod, then they, theoretically, could buy both kits and swap one light from each kit. Is that correct, or is there any side specificity to the projectors in the kit?

or if both members were to organise with the dealer that each person would buy a different kit and the dealer ship the H7 and H4 for one member and the same for another member. Should be no big deal to the seller if its well organised before hand.

GTHappy

Reaction score
Visit site
The kits come with everything needed correct?
Any idea what the current draw is vs. the original? (Does it load it down? I seem to recall there not being a lot of headroom on the engines output vs. original load.)
Did you have to modify the wiring harness or was it all plug and play?

Very nice. These may be getting installed on a friends R6 very soon.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site

I believe it only comes with the projectors and bulbs. You still have to order the ballasts separately.

Any idea what the current draw is vs. the original? (Does it load it down? I seem to recall there not being a lot of headroom on the engines output vs. original load.)

I addressed this about 4 posts up. This mod cuts your current draw almost in half. In general HIDs require about half as much power as halogen bulbs but give 2-3+ times the light output.

Gozilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you have to modify the wiring harness or was it all plug and play?

Very nice. These may be getting installed on a friends R6 very soon.

Yes, the kit comes with all wiring harness. But you need to buy ballasts seperately.

Few wiring harness mod is needed, but it's really worthy :thumbup:

Patsak

Reaction score
Visit site
OK guys, pics updated!

The H7 projector kit is as PERFECT as the H4 !!!!

Only 3 hours to complete the mod.

3480008836_d376a96362.jpg

3480009016_696641edc5.jpg

3479201361_0b6eff48b7.jpg

3480009390_ee4870e0bd.jpg

3480009574_64f9cf371d.jpg

Gozilla,
I couldn't help, but notice on the 4th pic low-beams are dipped to the right. Since you are in Australia, shouldn't it be left? :confused:

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Gozilla,
I couldn't help, but notice on the 4th pic low-beams are dipped to the right. Since you are in Australia, shouldn't it be left? :confused:
Technically probably, but that is a fixed property of the internal shields of the projector. Not easy to change. You would have to find a projector intended for right-drive vehicles. Depending on the consturction of the projector, it might be possible to reverse it.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
or if both members were to organise with the dealer that each person would buy a different kit and the dealer ship the H7 and H4 for one member and the same for another member. Should be no big deal to the seller if its well organised before hand.

You can always set up a group buy, it might even drop the price a bit.
If we can get it to $150, I would probably be in.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Originally Posted by Scorphonic
or if both members were to organise with the dealer that each person would buy a different kit and the dealer ship the H7 and H4 for one member and the same for another member. Should be no big deal to the seller if its well organised before hand

You would be better off 'teaming up' with another forum member here and each buy one kit. One gets the H4, the other the H7. Then you guys just ship eachother one unit.

The seller seems already unwilling to put any extra effort into making up H4 & H7 kits, so I doubt he will go to the trouble of mixing and shipping. That part is best left up to you guys.

Last edited:

Patsak

Reaction score
Visit site
Technically probably, but that is a fixed property of the internal shields of the projector. Not easy to change. You would have to find a projector intended for right-drive vehicles. Depending on the consturction of the projector, it might be possible to reverse it.

In that case they're not road legal here (in UK). Plus dazzling oncoming traffic is not a good idea anyway.
I asked that eBay guy whether he had any RHD kits yesterday, but havent't got a reply from him yet.
Meanwhile, if anybody knows where to get RHD projectors, please adivse as they look :eek: :thumbup: