Back to stock handlebar?

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
New guy here, been riding a long time though. I recently bought a 2007 FZ6 with Road Bike High 756 Renthals. They are comfortable, but I have no clearance with the fairing in full lock maneuvers. PO said he had them installed at a shop and that he thought the cables and brake line were lengthened. I'd like to go back to the stock handlebar (am I crazy?), which I also have. Anyone know the length of standard cables, throttle and clutch, I'd like to check before I pull everything apart if I have to order new stuff. I'm also thinking about putting on braided lines so that will change anyway.
Please let me know of better options like different bars (I could sell what I have), etc.
Thanks!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many people find stock handlebar to be uncomfortable. It has an aggressive back-sweep which puts your wrists at an odd angle.

FZ6R bar would be my #1 choice right now. It's the same with as stock and has the same rise, but it doesn't have nearly as much back-sweep. It will also accept stock bar ends.

Loads of folks on here use FZ1 bar, which is basically a drag bar (no rise, some back-sweep).

As for cable lengths.. slightly too long is not an issue, you should not need to change anything. Too short would be a problem.

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I simply dropped the angel of my stock '07 handle bars by less then 5 degrees.
This made the angel to my wrists much better, and I'm perfectly happy with the stock bars now. Note worthy is that I'm tall and have a long reach.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
I am with Erci, if you want a more aggressive stance then get the FZ1 bars, your wrists will thank you much for it. These can be purchased online from Boats.net for around 35$ shipped.

Here are a couple of pictures of my bike with the FZ1 handle bars.
I love the new FZ1 handlebars on my bike. I also put on the shorty levers and grips

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very happy with the results

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are a couple of pictures of my bike with the FZ1 handle bars.
I love the new FZ1 handlebars on my bike. I also put on the shorty levers and grips

Very happy with the results

Thanks! Nice looking bike too, I see it's the Uber fast Red like mine ;)

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
I simply dropped the angel of my stock '07 handle bars by less then 5 degrees.
This made the angel to my wrists much better, and I'm perfectly happy with the stock bars now. Note worthy is that I'm tall and have a long reach.

Good idea. My main problem isn't reach but clearance, the levers hit the fairing in full lock. I'll try angling back the bars a bit, see if that helps.

Szut

Just got here...
Reaction score
Visit site
I am with Erci, if you want a more aggressive stance then get the FZ1 bars, your wrists will thank you much for it. These can be purchased online from Boats.net for around 35$ shipped.

Looks like they are $70 now, w/o shipping!