Baby HAS new boots...

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Think I got about 17,000 but that was mostly commuting. I was getting ready to replace em when I picked up a nail.

Where you getting em from? Do you see the boys at Sport Cycles, Kotara?

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
17,000 that's awesome!

I mostly commute, although I do often go for a lunchtime run from Mayfield through town, up to Charlestown, then Bennetts Green and back. In 30-40 mins.

I'm dropping the bike into Jamie in the morning. :thumbup:

He did my dyno, front fork oil/seals and last service. Always great work for a great price.

Mac.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
17,000 that's awesome!

I mostly commute, although I do often go for a lunchtime run from Mayfield through town, up to Charlestown, then Bennetts Green and back. In 30-40 mins.

I'm dropping the bike into Jamie in the morning. :thumbup:

He did my dyno, front fork oil/seals and last service. Always great work for a great price.

Mac.

Yeah I wouldn't expect that KMs with regular spirited riding.

Dead right about Jamie :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sill dumbfouded at some ofthe mileage figuresmentioned on here....17000km's....bloody hell, i wish i could get that from set of Tyres....

As for the tryes in the OP, lol, i have a set that look like that here!!! not on a bike, just sitting here....i reckon 8000km's is great mileage....

Have you thought about giving the Pilot Road 3's a go....brand new Michelin technology based on a proven winner of a tyre, the Road 2.

:thumbup:

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
I am sill dumbfouded at some ofthe mileage figuresmentioned on here....17000km's....bloody hell, i wish i could get that from set of Tyres....

As for the tryes in the OP, lol, i have a set that look like that here!!! not on a bike, just sitting here....i reckon 8000km's is great mileage....

Have you thought about giving the Pilot Road 3's a go....brand new Michelin technology based on a proven winner of a tyre, the Road 2.

:thumbup:

I was happy with what I was getting out of the Bridgestones, but talking with riders from work and the guys at the shop I felt the Angels would better suit the riding I do.

One co-worker who I ride with has Angels, they seem to be lasting well ( he's on a litre bike, but not as aggressive as I am ).

I'll admit that the Pilot's didn't really get a look in, guess they're not popular out this way? :confused:

I'll be doing a bit more research tonight. :thumbup:

Mac.

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh! So thats the wear indicator! :eek:

Can someone spell 'getting your moneys worth?' (I think it starts with 'B' and ends in 'urn outs' :D)

I got my moneys worth, No burn outs!

The last few rides I thought the clutch was starting to slip, then I realised it was spinning under moderate throttle. :eek:

Looking forward to getting new rubber :BLAA:

Mac.

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up the bike after work, love the look of the Angels.

First thing I noticed was how knife-edge it felt after rolling around on two inch flat spot...
Then came the easy change of direction, no need to throw the body weight around so much.
The last surprise was the extra hp I had now that it's got grip, front end is a lot lighter. :thumbup:

I've attached a pic of the rear at 20k's, I'm thinking of keeping a picture diary ( maybe every 100 upto 1k ).

Mac.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up the bike after work, love the look of the Angels.

First thing I noticed was how knife-edge it felt after rolling around on two inch flat spot...
Then came the easy change of direction, no need to throw the body weight around so much.
The last surprise was the extra hp I had now that it's got grip, front end is a lot lighter. :thumbup:

I've attached a pic of the rear at 20k's, I'm thinking of keeping a picture diary ( maybe every 100 upto 1k ).

Mac.

I love it when i get a new set of hoops/ boots for my bike...is always so much nicer to ride after putting up with a set of hoops that are way beyond their best!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: